Errors running tox command

I have created a fork of Homeassistant, and have followed the instructions here ( I am using a Mac):

I run script/setup from the virtual environment (which is under the home-assistant folder) and this says that every installed correctly. However, when I run the tox command to run the tests, I get lots of errors like this:

homeassistant 0.92.0.dev0 requires astral==1.10.1, which is not installed.
homeassistant 0.92.0.dev0 requires bcrypt==3.1.6, which is not installed.
homeassistant 0.92.0.dev0 requires python-slugify==1.2.6, which is not installed.
homeassistant 0.92.0.dev0 requires ruamel.yaml==0.15.89, which is not installed.
homeassistant 0.92.0.dev0 requires voluptuous-serialize==2.1.0, which is not installed.
eebrightbox 0.0.4 has requirement certifi==2018.11.29, but you'll have certifi 2019.3.9 which is incompatible.
python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.8.0 which is incompatible.
boto3 1.9.126 has requirement botocore<1.13.0,>=1.12.126, but you'll have botocore 1.12.91 which is incompatible.

I also see the following error:

pkg-config is required for building PyAV

If I re-run script/setup, it says that the packages are already up-to-date, including the ones tox tells me are not installed.
What can I do to get this running correctly? I did previously have tox running correctly with another fork, and it wasn’t giving those errors.

Edit: I researched the pkg-config error and ended up using Homebrew to install pkg-config using the following command:

brew install pkgconfig

I then used pip3 install av (from inside the virtual environment) to install PyAV, and also unistalled and reinstalled tox for good measure. It now seems to be working.

1 Like