ESP01-S Problem Setting Up in ESPHome

Hi, I have a couple of ESP-01s modules around and I’m starting to do some ESPhome installations, but this specific module I just can’t get it to work…

I read similar posts with similar issues, I implement some suggestions like manual IP configuration, or disable OAT configuration, but nothing seems to work…

I know that around October of 2021 there was some bug around this modules that I think it get fixed, but don’t know for sure.

The first solution I want to add is to control two relays with the ESP-01 I Already have the system working outside Home Assistant with Blynk is an old solution but now I would like to add the device to my Home Assistant…

I can program the ESP from the computer at the end it shows me the message “Configuration created but unable to detect the device on the network”

which would make sense since I have to put the device in running mode.

But the device doesn’t show up for configuration in the Home Assistant and when I tried to get to the Log Wirelessly this message is shown

I have been trying a lot of things, I even downloaded the bin file and updated by myself with other program because at this point I’m not even sure if is flashing correctly…

Thanks for the help!!

The first time you flash esphome, you have to do it via serial.

I know that, I plug the FTDI programmer via USB to the computer and then select the right com port and then it start flashing the device… it seems like it programmed it well… since it says “Configuration created but unable to detect the device on the network” he uploads the code to microcontroller.

Can you see it in your dhcp server? Can you ping it? What is your yaml?

Sorry for leaving you hanging on this topic. In the end, the problem was the programmer’s connection to the computer and for some reason, the frequency within the programming speed.

But really thank you for the help!!

care to explain more? i have same problem with FTTDI adapter it flashes, and cant connect to network, but where do i change the speed?

Hello!!

Flashing the ESP-01 can be a bit tricky, and there are a few factors to consider. Some modules may appear similar but can be more challenging to flash than others. Here are some tips that might help you in the process:

1. Power Disconnection: If you’re flashing using a laptop, try disconnecting it from the power plug. This can help reduce noise in the overall circuit.
  2. Use NodeMCU Flasher: If you’re still encountering difficulties, consider downloading the .bin file and use the NodeMCU Flasher to update it.
  3. Try Arduino IDE: If the issues persist, attempt programming the microcontroller with a simple blink program in Arduino IDE. This step will help determine if the basic functionality is intact.
  4. ESP-01s Reset Method: For ESP-01s, make sure to place the reset method in no DTR (also known as CK).

Please let me know if you succeed in resolving the issue or if you require further assistance. I, too, face challenges while programming new boards and document my attempts to enhance future workflows. Your experience is valuable, and we can work together to improve the process.