ESP32 CAM - Connecting ,A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received

I’m new to IOT.
I’ve been trying to connect my esp32 cam to Arduion IDE based off this Youtube video…
" ESP32 CAM Face Detection Door Lock System"

I’ve followed everything step by step and even connected the wires on the board properly.
Arduino IDE is connected and is signaled to the to the port because it says “COM 3”. When clicking upload it begins to upload and connect but then stops and says
“A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received.”

I even have buad set to 115200.

Any help please. Im willing to even call on Microsoft teams or facetime if necessary.

What about handshake details that go along with the baud rate normally? Like did you use a UART chip also?

Is this where you found the project? 60+ ESP32-CAM Projects, Tutorials and Guides with Arduino IDE | Random Nerd Tutorials

OR

which means using FDTI programmer, check the voltage +5 VDC is to be used. Then make sure GP0 is grounded to allow programming.

So here are the instructions for us to be on the same page:

3. ESP32-CAM Upload Code

Connect the ESP32-CAM board to your computer using an FTDI programmer. Follow the next schematic diagram:

Many FTDI programmers have a jumper that allows you to select 3.3V or 5V. Make sure the jumper is in the right place to select 5V.

Important: GPIO 0 needs to be connected to GND so that you’re able to upload code.

ESP32-CAM FTDI Programmer
GND GND
5V VCC (5V)
U0R TX
U0T RX
GPIO 0 GND

To upload the code, follow the next steps:

1. Go to Tools > Board and select AI-Thinker ESP32-CAM.

2. Go to Tools > Port and select the COM port the ESP32 is connected to.

3. Then, click the upload button to upload the code.

1. When you start to see these dots on the debugging window as shown below, press the ESP32-CAM on-board RST button.

After a few seconds, the code should be successfully uploaded to your board.

Getting the IP address

After uploading the code, disconnect GPIO 0 from GND.

Open the Serial Monitor at a baud rate of 115200. Press the ESP32-CAM on-board Reset button.

The ESP32 IP address should be printed in the Serial Monitor.

Rules: always double and triple check everything. Hopefully your practice safe static electricity precautions on handling these devices too.

No I havent used the UART chip, I received the tutorial from Youtube and im currently using the bredboard with wires. I will try the jumper cables method with the programmer to see if it changes.