ESPHome appears twice in integrations (native api mode)

I was using espeasy until i read about your project. The main reason why i wanted to change was the feature of auto discovery and getting all the sensors in the home assistant registry.

I took me only an hour to get the two sensors working on my Wemos D1 mini. I really like the project.

I have something strange though. I get the integration twice:

When i click on them, they both show the same sensors. The bottom one shows them in the integratins screen, the bottom one doesn’t.

Any idea what is going on?

you could just delete the one that seems to be old duplicate.

Or better yet, delete both and add again.

Or you could just try a simple HA restart

Thanks. I didn’t see the delete button in the right top corner :slight_smile:

Fixed now

The duplicate entries keep coming back. This is the log:

2019-02-24 11:51:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 344, in _async_add_entity
    raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.studeerkamer_bme280_luchtdruk. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
2019-02-24 11:51:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 344, in _async_add_entity
    raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.studeerkamer_mh_z19_co2_waarde. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs

I can delete them but when i restart homeassistant, the double integrations are back again.

Running home assistant 0.88.1, ESPHome 1.10.0.

Will upgrading to 1.11.0 fix these issues?

Update: Upgrading fixed it (for now)

Thanks for making upgrading everything ( i have 4 esp’s) so easy.

I just added this add-on today and it’s doing the exact same thing. duplicated integration…

I also just updated to v88.1 and I’m getting the same errors in the log.

Just delete the duplicate ones, and restart Home Assistant. I also had them.

Did that (a couple of times) and the duplicates keep coming back.

Don’t have them now but i’m not sure that they won’t come back.

It looks like there’s something wrong if more that one person gets them.

I cleared my duplicates out a second time and now they aren’t coming back again…yet…

Thanks for the update.

I probably was too impatient and added them manually and the auto discovery added them after that.

My question is: why didn’t it see that it already was added?

Hello

If you have duplicate entries (or incorrectly named) you can remove/edit them. Go to the config/.storage folder and edit: core.config_entries, core.device_registry, core.entity_registry files.

T