ESPHome dashboard

I have created and added devices in HA thru the new ESPHome yaml. Devices have been working great however today my raspberry pi3+ decided to have issues and I started totally over with a fresh install. I have got everything working including the esp8266 devices. However none of those devices show up in the ESPHome Dashboard. What can I do to restore them and OTA update without creating new .bin files and manually flashing each device again?

I do have esphome.tar file backed up on another computer if that helps this process.

if you have all your yaml files, simply placing them in /config/esphome/ should get everything back for you

2 Likes

just the yaml files or should I also upload the sub directories from the backup as well?

I copied only the yaml files as you suggested. The devices where restored. Thank you for the quick response.

That’s good to know. I might delete all the old build files to cut down on the time taken to do my nightly automatic snapshot. There’s 1000’s of files in those folders.

I guess they’ll just be recreated during the compile stage if I ever need to do an OTA update.

that is correct. the folders are created when you compile the bin file

1 Like

As stated bà @atomicpapa they’ll be recreated at first compilation, compilation will be just a little longer first time that’s it :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

I installed the application ESPhome on fresh installation of Hass.io 0.106.6.
So you only backup all yaml files & copy back later?