Esphomelib - A comprehensive solution for using ESPs with Home Assistant

Try specifying the ip of the Mqtt broker.

Is it possible to use the analog pin a0 to read data from a homemade soil moisture sensor? (the one made with two nails)
How the circuit is supposed to be made?

3.3 (from wemos)-----> Nail Nail------>a0

Is this correct?
Cause I keep getting always the same volt value in the log, even with nothing connected to the pin.

Itā€™s the broker IP address.

I meant the numeric ip 192.168ā€¦ maybe that can help.
And for the gpio platform I think you should use only the pin number without GPIO before

From esphomelib guide:

switch:
  - platform: gpio
        pin:
          number: 25
          inverted: True
        name: "Living Room Dehumidifier"

Hi. is there possibility to prevent ESP8266 (D1Mini) sending unexpected signals on reset/startup ? Iā€™am using it to control garage door and this behavior causing doors beeing unexpectly opened on power loss/esp reset.

look here, basically you need to use different pins.

Edit: oh thats for nodemcu esp8266, but there is a similar diagram for the d1 mini as well.

Thank you for and answer. Currently Iā€™am using D6 (which is GPIO12 on d1mini) for garage door relay.

Does esphomelib support mqtt discovery with device_registry?

I think D6 should be OK.
You need to make sure you use the set of relay contacts that are open when the relay and esp power on
Start with that connection, and then make it work from there, at least thatā€™s what I did.

You may need to use inverted logic too, I think I do but I donā€™t use esphomelib, just checking it out for future projects.

Anyone knows how to make this work with Quinled?

It needs some PWM controlling.

I ordered a couple of Olimex ones and can confirm all went well. So as long as you donā€™t have a situation requiring POE and USB connectivity at the same time they are ideal. They also ship really fast.

One change Iā€™ve had to make for DNS discovery on my Ubuntu install is use

domain: .localdomain

rather than

domain: .local

which is the default.

EDIT - update - still to get this working using wired Ethernet rather than WiFi

Hmm - just noticed my OTA updated devices are all acquiring the same DHCP allocated IP address, which means only 1 works. Need to see if this is a duplicate MAC issue.

U can specify a fixed IP address in the yaml if needed

Make it so the relay is triggered on high 3.3v (not low), there is a jumper setting on the relay.

Make it so the output of d6 is low when off/booting and when switched on it goes high. Check with a multimeter the pin is not going brieflt high during the boot. If it does try a different pin.

Hi all, two questions:

1. Iā€™ve flashed a d1 mini connected to the raspberry where HA and esphomelib are running.
    Two sensor connected (dht22 and temt6000) they appear in HA and all is working fineā€¦
    till I keep the board connected to raspberry.
    When I take the board where it should stay and power it with an usb charger it doesnā€™t connect to wifi (the room is 5 meters away from the router so wifi signal is not a problem). Any hint?

2. Is it possible to use a multiplexer (cd74hc4067) with esphomelib to have more analog pin on a d1 mini?

Thanks!

Hey Iā€™m just looking at setting up monitoring on door/windows in my house. Until I stumbled upon this project I was planning on using the openmqttgateway project to recieve/transmit RF codes from generic 433mhz sensors (the cheap ones on banggood) to MQTT and then to homeassistant.

Reading the project website it looks like this project can catch these codes and pass them to Homeassistant. Is this correct?

I was going to use STX882 & SRX882 433mhz reciever/transmitter on an nodemcuv2 board. Would these be compatible?

My apologies for the specific questions - I am entirely new to IOT hardware, this will be my first project.

Hello kiwijunglist, is it possible to switch triggering from low to high for this type of relay board? https://www.banggood.com/5V-2-Channel-Relay-Module-Control-Board-With-Optocoupler-Protection-For-Arduino-p-1142262.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Yes. The yellow jumper can move to the left or right to change between high Vs low trigger. It covers two of the three pins.

On wiki page for those relay boards ArduinoPower - ArduinoInfo i am reading.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a issue with start-up of Arduino programs that control these relays. All of these 2,4, or 8 relay boards input controls are Active LOW , meaning that setting a pin LOW turns them ON. To assure that no relays activate at Reset or Power-On until you want them to, the initialization sequence in SETUP should be:

1. digitalWrite(Relay, HIGH);
  2. pinMode(Relay, OUTPUT);

but how can this be setup using esphomeyaml ?