Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee - No controllable temperatue entity (but cluster attribute)

Hi everyone,

I am struggeling with setting up my new radiator-thermostat “Sprit” from Eurotronic.

My Setup

• Zigbee-Controller: Conbee 2
  • Integration: zha

The Problem
I can only see the battery level as an entity, no temperature or other entities to display or set.
(setting the temperature manually, using the device-buttons, works as intended)

What I did
I paired the device without any problem using the “zha” Integration, but when looking into the device informations, there is only one entity sensor.eurotronic_spzb0001_24403d05_power

I tried removing and reconnecting the device, without any luck.

Is there anyone who has an idea on how I could get the device to work properly?

Edit
I am able to set the temperature using cluster attribute, (see my post here)

But I need a way to controll the temperature just like entities can be used

see if my thread solves your problem:

you must connect via vnc. once the sensor is in “JIN” mode and you have started the sensor search in Phoscon, it will be found in deconz (VNC). if not, reset the sensor again. if it appears in deconz, click on all properties and read the values via the ‘read’ (cluster info, bottom left of the window) button. i would do this several times until all values are read. if you go back to phoscon, the sensor is also found in web interface. but it is not displayed there!! also make sure that deconz integration in HA is enabled.

Thanks for your reply,
but I was hoping to stay with zha instead of using deconz.

As far as I know, I would have to set up deconz as a new running service/container on my server. And I am not sure if it would work, having two seperate applications using the con bee at the same time.
Meaning I would have to move all my existing zigbee devices from zha to deconz.
(If nothing else works I might go this way and move to deconz, but for)

Maybe there is a way to get it working on zha too?

So, I now kind of found a way to set the temperature.

Here it is said, that the current_heating_setpoint can be changed by setting [occupied,unoccupied]_heating_setpoint

Current heating setpoint is also modified when occupied or unoccupied heating setpoint is set.

According to this zigbee cluster documentation occupied_heating_setpoint is an attribute of the “Thermostat”-Cluster.
The ZHA integration GUI helps choose the cluster and set (and get) this attribute. This way I was able to set the target temperature.

While I am happy now, that I am able to the set temperature using the GUI, this is far from user friendly and nothing I could present my wife ^^

So I am now looking for a way to utilise this cluster attributes in the same way the “normale” device enities can be used.

• I want to be able to write/read the current target temperature on the HA GUI. Like for example you can set the light from 0-100 using a slider or a similiar GUI-element. So everyone can set the temperature easily using the HA-app.
  • Or use is in an automation

But everything (GUI elements, automations, etc.) expects an “entity” to control.
So my question now: Is there a way to turn a cluster-attribute into some kind of a custom entity?

Hi, have you gotten any further with this issue? I am moving to zha (from zigbee2mqtt) and also have these thermostats.

As far as I understand, the problem is that ZHA does not support thermostats (for now).

But I have found a possible solution here: ZHA Thermostat
Unfortunately I haven’t had the time to implement and test it myself. But some people wrote it works well.

As soon as I am able to get it working at home, I will post my solution here.

Adminiuga has just now submitted a first pull request for “ZHA Climate” (beta) with thermostats support