Ewelink component request

but with ewelink, is all so much easier and faster

+1 for me

One vote for a Sonoff component also from me. I did flash the S20 I have with Tasmota, but a direct HA component would make things easier. I think Sonoff has quite a lot to benefit from direct integration with Home Assistant (hint).

ā€¦but such a waste :slight_smile:

I also did ask them for an API but unfortunately it seems that they only care about businesses on that point.

Here the information I got from my request:

I still got no response.
@dominikmueller, can you lead the contact with them and provide them hassio github and ask for their APIs?

even if such component available I would flash the tasmota firmware, itā€™s much more reliable and flexible.
you donā€™t want to rely on unreliable public cloud service to manage your iot devicesā€¦

Can this project help?
I am not an expert, so, I am sorry in case that is not is usefull
Homebridge plugin to control Sonoff relays with OEM firmware

+1 for ewelink component, is the cherry on the pie.

Yes I have some S22 sockets that work with their app no problem. Seems fairly simple to integrate.

Do you really want to depend on a third party server and the internet connection to control your lights from your home?
For me the 5 minutes needed to flash the sonoff are worth the benefits.

1 Like

Yes please, would love it

This would be great

Sureā€¦ like Google Assistant etc.

Iā€™ve just set up my S22ā€™s using a boolean switch and IFTTT and there is a small lag but I can live with that for now. I have ordered the parts I need to be able to flash Tasmota on them but I have to say Iā€™m a bit nervous about doing it and opening up a plug pack like the S22. But itā€™s fun right?

I think we should give any superpower the possibility to know when we turn on a light. Why US and not China.
Awaiting a Russian server too

Iā€™m far more worried about Google Assistant than a few yeelights or xiaomi switches or sonoff switches.

1 Like

Facebook is coming soon to the party too

1 Like

not my partyā€¦

:smile:

Of course Iā€™m not worried about privacy or even a remote hacker turning on my desk lamp, Iā€™m worried about unavailability and downtime. I can (partially) trust a big company like Dlink, Google, Amazon, Honeywell to keep their server up with a well-groomed infrastructure, but ITead is a small chinese company and they can have any downtime or worst discontinue the service anytime without notice.

Well, Google and continuity of service is an oxymoron.

When that time (itead) will come i will still be able to flash all Sonoff devices.

But for now please give us an ewelink component!

I think itead is using AWS.