Ewelink component request

I wish we could have it

Itead is using Amazon service as I know

+1 for ewelink component

which one?

For those afraid of flashing their devices I’ve started doing this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Sonoff-Basic-10-amp-smart-relay-switch-smart-home-tasmota/253556368012

Why people always relay on cloud services … Home assistant is meant to avoid those crappy data catcher as best as possible. Why not setting up own tts stt ? Kalliope for example … If needed I’ll make a write up . people think of your privacy don’t let this generation and all following generations run into total control and surveillance

+2 for me, way easy for me to use

where you live? I would buy some sonoff normal and pow version

I´am from Portugal

Those favouring an ewelink component should remind themselves of what is essentially home assistant’s founding document: https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2016/01/19/perfect-home-automation/

Hi all,

I am thinking about getting these ewlink light switches to control my lights with home assistant. I would go with different ones but these are the only ones that have a 4 gang model. The rest are all 3 gang max. Does anyone have any experience flashing these with tasmota for use with home assistant?

View Switch

The problem is that I dont want to buy one, wait 6 weeks and then have no way of using it because Tasmota does not work. I cant see any model numbers on the Tasmota github page and on the switches product page, there are no references to sonoff (although I have a suspision that the sonoff firmware will work on these based on what I have read above).

I just want to make sure if they will work after reflashing with Tasmota and if it is even possible. I would like button on the switch to work as well as the control in HA.

Thanks for the guidance. (im a noob :-))

One of the reviews says it’s not WPA2?

good spot. I did not notice that on this one. I usually run through the reviews but there are so many sellers of the same thing and usually the reviews look very bogus. Even if it is true though, I dont think it should be too big of a deal? Your opinion?

It’s a huge deal if your network WLAN uses WPA2 security which it certainly should. The review may be BS anyway. For the price, give it a go…

Ahh. so security aside it is a compatibility issue. I will go through the review of similar products and see if I can confirm the WPA2 issue on other reviews.

I am astonished at the lack of 4 gang wifi switches out there. I have on 4 gang switch in my home (the main one) and this is the only one out there I could find in that form factor.

I think I will give it a go. I hope the Tasmota firmware works on these models.

Thanks for your input.

I just viewed the product description in detail. It states that WPA2/CCMP is NOT supported but AUTH_WPA2_PSK and AUTH_WPA_WPA2_PSK IS supported. As far as I know my home network uses AUTH_WPA2_PSK however I have never heard of CCMP. I think it should be fine to give it a go.

Look I think all you can do with some of these products is to bite the bullet, buy one and see what you can do to make it work.

AUTH_WPA_WPA2_PSK is a hybrid mode.
CCMP is WPA2 only and it is what my network is set to use instead of the compatibility mode PSK.

Flashing Itead Sonoff devices via original OTA mechanism!!! WORKS!!!
After a lot of search, I could find this excellent project to change the firmware to this switch lx-wifi-03o without soldering nothing !!!

This is a script to update a Sonoff device from the stock firmware to Sonoff-Tasmota purely over WiFi.

I doesn’t work with the latest >1.6 firmware in sonoff…