Ewpe Smart / Cascade Bora Air conditioning

The last link I have sent is not using MQTT, it is using the direct communication with AC unit through UDP over your WiFi network. The reason I was searching for the component is actually to get rid of MQTT and nodejs for the units.
Can’t help with Domoticz as haven’t used it. Home Assistant is my preference simply because it’s awesome.

Just want to point out that I got it working on my Cooper Hunter AC CHS12FTXE, that was before controlled via very terrible app called Ewpe Smart. It’s working with MQTT and Gree HVAC MQTT brigde by this guy. It works with Alexa, HomeKit and Hass.io. Unfortunately, right now only works for one AC. Will try to add two more in the following days. NOTE: Power on/off does work with Hass.io and HomeKit, but not working via Alexa.

1 Like

Hi, do you have to change anything? What mqtt broker do you use? Bulid in or something else?
I can not get it work with my cooper&hunter alpha

I don’t undestand
How apply this
Its possible associate with google home?

Hi,
I posted this by mistake, getting response now on a new fresh install
thanks for this project :wink:

the bage is 404 error

If you still need it
4 Likes

Came across this thread after getting a new AC that uses the EWPE app, mine is a Braemar.
Discovered the Gree Integration, works perfectly with my AC.

very easy to setup no mqtt required
3 Likes

Howdy guys,

I’m considering “Syen” ACs given their compact size, but came across this thread. It’s EWPE based too, and known to be a Xiaomi sub-brand similarly to Bora.

Do we have any experience on whether the Gree Climate integration works with Syen ACs out of the box?

Hi all,
Does anyone use this in combination with a Vaillant (climaVAIR) AC by any chance?
According to their documentation they use the Ewpe app for their WiFi module as well. (Page is in Dutch)

All AC using the ewpe smart app are basically ODM from gree, so you should be able to get basic functionality with the core gree integration.

In my case, I’m trying to integrate a water heater, but the gree core component doesn’t manage to pull the entities I need.

I’m trying to get to work this GitHub - stas-demydiuk/ewpe-smart-mqtt: MQTT bridge for EWPE Smart powered devices and it would make possible to build an hassio integration. I’m not a dev tho.

1 Like

@lhermsen i have the same brand, but i cant get it to work

1 Like

I’m trying to get this to work with two Bulex Vivair units with WiFi modules installed. I can find them in the Gree+ app but I can’t get them to work in Home Assistant. The Gree Climate Integration doesn’t recognize the units on my network, even though they are on the same subnet. Would be great if there would be way to ‘manually’ add them through IP or mac-adress.

I’ve only just started using HA and I’m no programmer, so I’ll try digging a bit deeper but should anyone have found a good way to add these units, please let us know. Thanks for all the great work!

1 Like

Can’t help with adding manually, but make sure you have (at least) 2022.8.2. There was a fix for discovery in that release. Since that release my units are working great.

It also now uses the Home Assistant network settings for discovery. It is managed by going to Settings >> System >> Network and is only available to users that have “Advanced Mode” enabled on their user profile. If those settings are wrong, it might try and do discovery on the wrong network.

Looking for a few months now, same issue, same ac’s

Hi there.

my issue is that I’m running HA in a docker container, so it has its own subnet and the UDP packets that I believe the autodetection is looking for are never going to be visible.

Is there any other way to use this integration other than auto detection?

(edit: I’m using Toyotomi units with the ewpe smart app. The units are on the same subnet as the machine running docker, but the containers run in their own subnet)

You are probably running HA in an unsupported way tbh, lots of features pretty much need host mode networking to work. I think you are lucky if this is your only problem.

In my own environment, I should need host mode networking for not only this integration to work, but for Thread and for HomeKit Bridge. I workaround it there by giving HA an extra interface on my dedicated IoT VLAN. So it has an interface on my Kubernetes network with a default route, and a macvlan interface on my IoT vlan with just the /24 on link (and no routes). It works fine. (And upshot of this is the my HA container can do the ipv6 stuff for thread inside the container without it leaking to my host).

yes, since posting that I tried moving the container to host mode and macvlan mode but neither is working as intended. once I go there I stop being able to access HA.

I’ll keep looking into that, but if you have any resource that points me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it :smiley:

Edit: something’s fishy here, and I can’t figure out what. I tried creating an nginx container in host mode following the docker documentation example and I can’t access it in localhost:80 in the host machine. so host mode is not working properly in my docker installation for some reason, or I don’t understand how host mode works in windows/WSL… but I can’t see the exposed port anywhere except inside the container itself

Edit2: yup, host mode not supported in docker-desktop for windows: WSL2 integration does not support --net=host · Issue #6736 · docker/for-win (github.com) :frowning:

Guess I’ll have to wait until I can get a Raspberry Pi I left at my father’s house and run HAOS there

So in summary: if you are running Home Assistant container in docker desktop for windows, nevermind using this integration :frowning:

Ooof yes, WSL will rule a lot of stuff out.

For those who use the ewpe app:
connect it to google home from the app,
and install the google assistant SDK.
Then you can create a automation/script that turns on/offt he ac from within home assistant.
hope this can help someone