Exclude and include parameters for unifi integration

Hi, i’m just starting with Unifi and running into a wish…
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there were include and exclude parameters for the Unifi integration?
So someone could block or only allow certain MAC or IP addresses?

unifi:
  controllers:
    - host: [IP]
      site: default
      include:
        mac:
          - '7y:23:a2:6t:12:9i'

like that?

Edit: tagging @Robban and putting on my pretty face to pursuade him :dog2::cat2::innocent::slight_smile:

With 0.108 I remove yaml support. But maybe we can come up with something else? What you are after might be a bigger issue to solve. But lets go on

Ok, fair enough. How can I help? I can’t program (only non-OO) but I can read code quiet well. Maybe I can help think of a solution different then this? Or is there something else I can do?

Well maybe more in writing share what you want to achieve

Ok that I can do :grin:

I have a network with a lot of clients. Also I tend to change a lot of them now and again. The integration as is, will add all new devices discovered immediately. However this is not how I would’ve want it. I just want two of those devices to use for presence. So I would like to just be able to define those two devices somewhere and the integration ignore the rest. That make sense?

It does, the current way of doing this would be to change the integration system setting to not track new devices and disable those you aren’t interested in.

Ok, but every time I install the integration it adds all devices. Can I turn off my cloud key, add the two devices, and then turn the cloud key on? Because it’s not a pretty job to have dozens of disabled devices.

Just found another topic about this actually. Didn’t see it before creating this one. Would have merged the two, but I’m not a moderator :joy:

Yeah I should answer them to lessen their deustrations