Failed to call service climate/set_hvac_mode. 'val'

Hi all,

just added my brand new Gree Pular Inverter R32 GWH12AGB-K6DNA1A to the HA. Then I’ve added “thermostat” card and now I’m receiving the following error:
Failed to call service climate/set_hvac_mode. ‘val’
when I press any of button at the card. Btw AC works and is controled correctly, so the card works, but the error is reported every time.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Oh, status of the AC actuall reflected incorrectly utill I press the same button second time

Still actual =(

Hi,

I have Gree Pular too and i’m facing same problem. It’s quite annoing…

1 Like

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue.
I’ve got 4 gree pular, and for all of them any interaction ends up with that error message.

In home assistant register i see this:

[140252959622480] ‘val’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 185, in handle_call_service
await hass.services.async_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1491, in async_call
task.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1526, in _execute_service
await handler.job.target(service_call)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 213, in handle_service
await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 658, in entity_service_call
future.result() # pop exception if have
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 830, in async_request_call
await coro
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 695, in _handle_entity_call
await result
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gree/climate.py”, line 230, in async_set_hvac_mode
await self.coordinator.push_state_update()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gree/bridge.py”, line 62, in push_state_update
return await self.device.push_state_update()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/greeclimate/device.py”, line 276, in push_state_update
await network.send_state(props, self.device_info, key=self.device_key)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/greeclimate/network.py”, line 362, in send_state
dat = r[“pack”][“val”]
KeyError: ‘val’

Hello All,

New to HA, I am having the exact same issue with Gree, has anyone found a fix yet?