Failing to add Yeelight ceiling lamps to Home Assistant

Hey all,
I have two network subnets: one for LAN (10.0.0.x) and the other for WIFI (10.1.0.x).
I setup a router between the two networks and added a static route to allow network communication.
My Home Assistant server (hassio on RPI3) is connected to the LAN subnet and I have 2 Yeelight ceiling lamps connected to the WIFI subnet.
I activated Lan Control on both lamps and tried adding them using the Integration panel. Since (unfortunately) the discovery won’t work between subnets, I specified the IP address of each lamp, but got “Failed to connect” error for both IP’s.
So I tried using the “old way” and added to the configuration file the following:

yeelight:
  devices:
    10.1.0.13:
      name: Ceiling Light 1
      model: ceiling1

Restarted Home Assistant and found the following error in the log:

• Failed to get capabilities from 10.1.0.13: timeout

I tried pinging the IP from the HA server terminal to test connectivity and it worked as expected.

What else can I try?

BTW - I have the WLED integration working with the same configuration - the WLED device is on the WIFI subnet and I had no problem adding and controlling it.

**Edit: Seems to be the same issue as #40268 & #40251

2 Likes

I wonder if you are allowing all traffic through, or perhaps you have some firewall rules on a whitelist that permits ICMP but not the port Yeelight is listening on?
(Don’t quote me, but it was something like 22433 - needs verifying)

I suspected that, but I have no FW on the router. In addition, last night I found a nifty little code on github (https://github.com/Leproide/Yeelight-Button-Ceiling-Light-) which sends basic commands to a Yeelight lamp on port 55443. I ran it from my PC on the LAN subnet and it worked like magic.
So I guess it proves this is not a network issue.