Fibaro dimmer not responding in Home Assistant, no problem in Domoticz

Hello,

After a long time of holding off migrating my zwave network to home-assistant, I decided a few days ago to give it a try and move away from my domoticz setup. After formatting a second SD card and installing Hassbian, I have all my zwave devices available in home-assistant without much effort.

The problem I cant seem to figure out however is that one Fibaro Dimmer 2 module is not responding in home-assistant, but works perfectly fine when I go back to my old Domoticz install. An identical module is behaving as expected. When I try to switch the module on from within the HA UI, it turns back off within a 1-2 seconds. Using the physical switch I can still operate the module, but HA still thinks its turned off. HA does however reports that it is using power.

I already tried refreshing and healing the node as well as removing/re-adding the zwave integration but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. What i don’t get is that Domoticz has no problem controlling the module whatsoever, so im kind of lost as to how I should solve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Ok, so i figured out why the device wasn’t responding. For anybody having the same issue, I came across this post:

in which the OP mentions re-adding his device as a non-secure device. And behold, after re-adding an additional level device showed up and this one works without issue. Problem solved!