Fibaro FGS-2x4 module support with Z-Wave-JS

Hi, I have a couple of the new FGS-214 and FGS-224 Z-Wave switches running under Z-Wave-JS 8.9.0-beta.1 on Home Assistant 2021.12.2. Although it appears from change logs that these modules were supported from v6.0 beta 2, my modules appear as unknown devices.
Although the binary switch itself works, none of the configuration items are accessible and no metering is visible

Here is the change log for Z-Wave-JS v6.0 beta 2 which notes

" * Added Fibaro Smart Switch FGS-214 and FGS-224"

I am located in Australia, so we utilise the 921MHz frequency, so unsure if that’s a factor?

Thanks for any assistance.

Have you tried excluding / re-including it to your network? Sometimes the interview process doesn’t pick up the device properly and needs to be done again.

Manufacturers are constantly releasing new versions or variations of products using the same model numbers, they just change the underlying identifiers. In your case, there’s no FGS-214 or FGS-224 in the Z-Wave JS with identifiers 0404:0300. You can create an issue to report a missing device configuration.

Power metering does not depend on configuration files. Are you certain these devices support it?

Z2M allows you to set the “raw” config parameters without the device file. You should see something like this under the node in the control panel:

I have thanks, yes. Tried with and without security even.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion of logging an issue. I was wanting to ensure I hadn’t done anything stupid before logging one.
The devices certainly do support metering and the prior FGS-2x3 units I have all do this without issue. From what I understand, there is a basic set of capabilities that are almost standardised and I just assumed that the metering is not part of that?

It looks like there is a different revision of the same product as 0404:1000 so hopefully won’t be much effort to get this one added as well.
Thanks again

Which device do you actually have? Your original post was about the 2x4, but now you’re talking about the 2x3?

According to the ZWA DB, the 214 and 224 do not support Meter or Multilevel Sensor CCs, which means no suppor for power sensors. The 213 does support these two CCs.

The 214/224 manual does not mention anything about power metering either, but the 213/223 manual does.

1 Like

I have a combination of both 213/223 and 214’s. The 2x3’s work fine and I was saying they certainly report power meter information but I wasn’t getting that along with the lack of configuration menu and the unknown product for the 2x4 module. I wasn’t aware that they did not support power metering which is a pain as I have two installed purely for that reason (washer and dryer power and state reporting).
It mentioned power level in the command classes, is that not the metering?

I just replaced a FGS-223 for a FGS-224 just to realize that it is not reporting any power meter related sensors.
The device itself surely supports power metering, so I wonder if there is any workaround to enable them in Home Assistant.

Hi, unfortunately I confirmed with Fibaro the 2x4 series don’t support power metering.
I’ve since changed mine out for 2x3’s again.

Thanks sierra055.
The odd thing is that they advertise their “Switch” devices as having power meter. As this device is announced under the “FGS” acronym, I always thought it was the successor to the Double Relay Switch.
Now I see Fibaro advertises it as “Smart Module”.

Well, it’s a bummer but I guess I should have done a better research before purchasing it.