Fibaro Motion Sensor Triggering Continuously

In the past day my Fibaro motion sensor has started continuously reporting motion. Switching back and forth between “on” and “off”. It is on the default sensitivity.

Here is an example from the log: https://i.imgur.com/BvKT2Sz.png

Any thoughts on why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Faulty sensor?

Have you tried removing/replacing the batteries? or is it usb powered?

Remove and re-add? I have several of these and not seen this behaviour.

Could be faulty, but it’s very sudden if that’s the case. Been working for months without issue.

I may have to reset. Can’t find any real reason for it.

Hi,

I’m currently facing the same or at least a similar problem, the sensor constantly fires motion events effectively drowning HASS in events. So my question is if you or anyone else have found the root cause to this issue and/or if there’s a fix for this problem?

Mine began after a restart of Home Assistant (0.73.1) after working flawlessly for months… Can’t get it to stop, pulled batteries, woke the sensor up and changed some settings, test node and no luck…
Will try to replace remove and re-add tomorrow and report back…

Okay, so I left the sensor alone for a good 5 hours and I it’s now working again… Did nothing… Zwave is great…

Sometimes this is caused by low battery, but not always. I have one sensor that senses motion every second, it’s gone mental. Can only attribute it to a faulty sensor. It has nothing to do with z-wave, its a sensor issue.

Did you resolve? I had working sensors yesterday, had an auth problem and had to delete \hassio\config.storage to solve auth issue.

This also deleted the entity registry which automatically gets rebuilt. Now my Fibaro ZWave motion sensors are flipping on/off all the time.

Pls let me know if you find anything.

~Bryan

they ALL flip on off? Weird. Call Ghostbusters!

Seriously, then something must be really off with the zwave network. Does the lights go on off or just the state in hass? Ive not been able to remove mine from the zwave network, so im gonna pack it down and return it. Cant seem to be able to force removal of nodes in hass, unless its flagged as a failed/dead node.

I just found this on one sensor right now. So, one is just flicking on, then off in 1 second, then on.

Strange. I use Fibaro + Aeotec ZWave USB stick -> PiHassio. This has been stable to up to today.

Will keep poking around.

~Bryan

Any more on this. I’ve had mine working great for a long time, suddenly i get lots of false positives. I guess it could be the battery. It’s been reporting 100% the whole time, but i had it working for >18 months now…

Is there any solution to get the issue solved? My fibaro sensors are also continuously detection motion :frowning: does an software upgrade of the fibaro sensor help? Current firmware is 3.2.

This problem sounds very similar. I’ve struggled with this for some months. A new battery would provide the solution, according to some threads on the internet. Indeed, that has a positive effect, but did not solve my problem (constantly going from clear to detected every 15 seconds for 1 or 2 hours before eventually going to clear).

I’ve solved this problem by setting Parameter 3 from 1 → 2. That did the trick and solved this problem for me completely.