File not found: /config/configuration.yaml

I keep getting this error while checking my configuration, both from the GUI and Bash
Obviously the configuration.yaml file is located in the /config directory, and it did indeed pass the test earlier today :slight_smile:

core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant check
Error: Testing configuration at /config
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - File not found: /config/configuration.yaml
Successful config (partial)

What am I missing here?

So I learned the Error message was not pointing to the configuration.yaml file itself, but to files refferred to within configuration.yaml.

I had a spelling issue (secret.yaml as opposed to secrets.yaml). Fixing this, and the check was OK.

1 Like

I totally agree! I also faced this issue. This error message might be changed in something more understandable :slight_smile: So if you make changes… Each change need a check not being lost after all when adding multiple changes in the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I also received this same error but couldn’t figure out why because my configuration.yaml file existed.

It turned out that I was missing one of the !include files. I commented that line out and the error went away.

I am also getting this error. All of the referenced !include files appear to exist so not sure why.