Floorplan for Home Assistant

I found if I turn off the Pan_Zoom option everything is OK.
So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Hey Phyber, have you been able to work out your spinner of doom issue?

I have two cheap android tablets, both running same version of Android, Fully Kiosk Browser and the settings are the same on both but one works and one is giving me the spinner of death :confused:

Nothing new here. Only thing I can think of is to check the version of webview or something like that. It may also help to empty the cache of this app. Did not work for me tho.

~Cheers

Hi, thank you for your input. I’m having trouble adapting your idea to using it with lights (one graphic for the on state and one for off). Is that possible with your approach?

Should be possible yes. But only as a sensor. Not to turn the lights on/off with a click. This will be possible if my latest pull request gets accepted. So for now you could only switch the lights on OR off with the graphic switching method.

~Cheers

Yes, I did. You just need to create a switch template using the other object (lock in your case) as a base. Here’s what I did for my blinds (cover):
configuration.yaml

switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      living_room_left_cover:
        value_template: "{{ is_state_attr('cover.living_room_left', 'current_position', 100) }}"
        turn_on:
          service: cover.open_cover
          entity_id: cover.living_room_left
        turn_off:
          service: cover.close_cover
          entity_id: cover.living_room_left

I’m not sure how your value template will work. Mine looks at the current position of the blinds and if they’re all the way up (100), it turns the switch “on” (which I represent as open on my floorplan). Any less than 100 and I say they’re closed. For the lock, you probably will just have locked/unlocked, so you can use something like:
is_state('lock.front_door', 'unlocked')

Good luck!

1 Like

Perfect! Already had the switch made to work my lock with Alexa. Didn’t even cross my mind to use it for this as well.

Does anybody else have problems after the 0.51.1 upgrade? My floorplan gives a script error in Safari on both mac and iPad. Chrome works fine on the mac but not on my iPad. I cleared my floorplan.yaml but that didn’t solve the problem.

Same issue here :cry:

same for me :frowning:

There is another issue with 0.51.1 in Safari maybe it’s related?

Another here with the scripting error on Safari on 0.51.1. Undefined object in getArray(list) {…}. I do not think it is specifically switch related (@sjee’s comment). After removing switches from the floorplan yaml, the error remains.

Nearly the same problem here: after updating to 51.1 and to 51.2 my floorplans only show spinning wheels and doesn’t come up.

@CCOSTAN: What are your exact settings on the Fire 7 tablet? Also, my Floorplan seems to freeze on a certain point and when I try to use it, I have to reload the plan to be able to execute anything in it. Do you have the same problem?

Not sure what you mean by exact settings… My repo is public though so you can find all my code there and It is always up to date.

No freezing or reloading issues at all. It works pretty solid right now actually. I haven’t upgraded to 0.51 though in HASS.

Sorry, understand that it was a bit unclear. :slight_smile: I what settings you have in your Kiosk browser. Are those also in the repo?

I’ve suffered these errors all versions I’ve run the tablet on so I don’t think it’s related to .51.

I haven’t looked deep enough but I’m guess the problem with Safari spinning with 0.51 is due to Polymer upgrade?

Polymer.dom(this.root).node.styleSheets is now undefined … Maybe styleSheets is moved?

onStyleSheetLoaded(e) {
  for (let styleSheet of this.getArray(document.styleSheets)) {
    if (styleSheet.href && styleSheet.href.indexOf(this.config.stylesheet) >= 0) {
      this.cssRules = this.getArray(styleSheet.cssRules);
      return;
    }
  }

for (let styleSheet of this.getArray(Polymer.dom(this.root).node.styleSheets)) { ** <- Polymer.dom(this.root).node.styleSheets is null ?
    if (styleSheet.href && styleSheet.href.indexOf(this.config.stylesheet) >= 0) {
      this.cssRules = this.getArray(styleSheet.cssRules);
      return;
    }
  }
},

There are so many settings in there… :frowning: No easy way to export them off the device that I can see either.

Yes, I think the problem in Safari is related to the latest polymer updates in HA but I have no idea how to debug this.

Let’s see if I can narrow down the settings I consider to be of interest. Is this what you are using?

Device management:

• Keep screen on: true
  • Screen off timer: 0
  • Screensaver timer: 10
  • Screensaver url: dim:

Motion detection:

• Enable motion detection: true
  • Turn screen on motion: true
  • Exit screensaver on motion: true