Floorplan for Home Assistant

Hi all,

How I have my Floor plan working with a few light bulb images I want to set the whole room area as a bulb and have that change colour to show the light state. I guess i am missing something obvious here but do I just draw a shape in Inkscape and set its properties to the bulb Entity ID? when trying this I see nothing on the floorplan, am i doing it wrong?

If you want the room to change color based on whether the light is on or off, you need to draw a shape to match the shape of the room, move the new shape to the top and name it with the entity ID of the light bulb.

2 Likes

Thanks, Yes that’s what I tried but it didn’t show. I’ll try again in the morning, do I need to do anything else to the shape for it to display?

Trying to get started with floorplan and used pkozul tutorial. I am also getting a double and sometimes triple image. Once refreshed they are gone for while.

Did this get resolved.

You also need to setup a css entry for it so the browser knows what to do with it. There is an example of on-off in the sample css from the repo

ok here is the user icon - i made them in powerpoint and exported to jpg. then imported to the svg (text is a different layer). you should be able to do the same. Linked in picture is round, but powerpoint has a nice auto crop round feature too if not. i would edit in PPT (unless your a artist) then save the png :slight_smile:

me

The temperature is just 2 circles and text in the middle - the color is set from css based on temp being high or low. probably take longer to copy than just drag 2 circles out and add text.

not that i’m aware of - could be a javascript_version issue

hi, how do you show the bulbs that are on vs. off differently please?

Loving the floorplan and got it working fairly pain free (once i read about firefox on desktop not working).
How can i get the colours of my lights to reflect the colour they are set to (like on the default states page instead of in customs css)?

I have the states recording with the default example and CSS:

states:
        - state: 'on'
          class: 'light-on'
        - state: 'off'
          class: 'light-off'

Using Ikea Tradfri bulbs and running home assitant from a virtual environment on a RPI3.
Man ythanks

I’ve been able to get everything working however I can’t get the floorplan.svg to show. All I get is the below screen shot. I’m trying to get the default one to work before I start creating my own.

I’ve gone through the thread and thought I’ve tried everything but I’m probably missing something.

Group:

Config:

binary_sensor:

Floorplan.yaml is the default one in the repo.

What happens when you click the circle?

I can see the details…

Have you got all the files in the correct places?

Where local is really the www dir
/www/custom_ui/state-card-floorplan.html
/www/custom_ui/floorplan/floorplan.css, floorplan.svg, ha-floorplan.html
www/custom_ui/floorplan/lib/jquer-3.2.1.min.js, moment.min.js, svg-pan-zoom.min.js
and
floorplan.yaml in the config dir.

Sensors, groups, and frontend setup in config. And you are using chrome browser.

I struggled with this for a while too.
Assuming your setup is correct, you may want to try:

1. adding your Floorplan group to be nested in another group (with only that Floorplan group to test)
  2. try other javascript version, i.e. http://localhost:8123/states/group.floorplan?latest, etc.
    javascript_version
    (string)(Optional)Version of the JavaScript to serve to clients. Options: es5 - transpiled so old browsers understand it. latest - not transpiled, so will work on recent browsers only. auto - select a version according to the browser user-agent. The value in the config can be overiden by putting es5 or latest in the URL. For example http://localhost:8123/states?es5
    Default value: auto

Ok. I’m getting closer. I can see the default layout in the details.

I gave up and went with a custom panel and it’s starting to move along but the top part is being cut off.

edit: I was outside of the box and was cutting everything off. I guess this is why I should do this at home and not when working :slight_smile:

tried this:

- name: Sensors
  entities:
     -  sensor.dark_sky_temperature
  text_template: '${entity.state ? Math.ceil(entity.state) : "undefined"}'  
  class_template: '
    var temp = parseFloat(entity.state);
      return temp + '°C';
  '

but no sigar. How do i add °C to temperature?

I Simply use

text_template: ‘${entity.state ? Math.ceil(entity.state) : “undefined”}°C’

However i want to colour the text depending on temp which i have not worked out yet.

are you using SSL? how did you set your floorplan up I am pulling my hair out !!!

I am having the same errors and have installed the js-files in the lib directory. Is that incorrect?