Floorplan for Home Assistant

I think I’m working my way through my issues, had to make quite a few changes to my floorplan.yaml files. I’m now receiving the following error “Cannot find ‘groups’ in floorplan configuration”.

Does anyone know what this error refers to and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

updated 25 days ago.

Ah yes, thanks. Now I get the “Cannot find ‘groups’ in floorplan configuration”. Guess I may need to do a fresh install from pkozul’s repo. :confused:

floorplan.html is inside the panel folder (if you are using the panel method of install - its the 2nd install method listed on the repo home page)

I recommend download the whole repo (there is a download as ZIP option, and the file name will have “master” in it.
Then just copy the 4 files listed above out, to replace your old ones (you may only need to replace 3 if you are not using the panel method).
Be sure to make a copy of your old files first in case you need to copy any minor customisations across - especially from the CSS file.

What changes did you make because I am still getting a blank screen? I am pretty sure I have downloaded all the latest files from the repo.

I’m trying to include som SVG text in my floor plan. I’m using Inkscape to create my object with the id’s etc. and have succes with creating lightbulb icon changing colours by state.

But how do I implement a text (state from temperature sensor) in y setup? When I’m creating a text box in Inkscape the text disappears when I’m exporting it as an .svg file. I’ve created the text box with an id matching the id from my sensor, but nothing appears? What am I doing wrong and or how do I solve this?

I mostly had to make syntax changes. I needed to add single quotes around my text_template entries that didn’t seem to matter in the past. For example, I need to change:

text_template: ${entity.state ? entity.state : “undefined”}

to

text_template: ‘${entity.state ? entity.state : “undefined”}’

I went through all of my text_template entries in floorplan.yaml and added the single quotes around all instances that didn’t have them…there were quite a few. Once I made that change, I no longer got the blank screen, but started receiving the “Cannot find ‘groups’ in floorplan configuration” error. I’m going to do what @systmworks suggested above next…

I tried this and replaced all from the repo and am now back to getting the blank screen :crazy_face:

Have you got Floorplan set to display using both methods (as a small panel on the main HA home screen, plus as a dedicated page from the HA side panel menu) ?

You may find that 1 method works, while one does not, which will help narrow down where the issue lies.
I have mine installed both ways - but I basically never use the main HA home screen (groups etc) - I just switch between HA-Dashboard, and HA-Floorplan full screen windows.

HA Home screen including Floorplan:

HA-Floorplan from Side Panel

HA-Dashboard from Side Panel

1 Like

Hi @systmworks , I know this is off topic but is your BOM radar card the animated one? If so, can you please share your code? I struggled trying to use the camera component etc but could only get it to work using a different weather provider, not the BOM one. I could only get the still images but wanted the animated version

I have it displaying both ways, but neither one works. I’m going to start over from scratch to see if I can get it working again.

I´m quite new to this world of home automation all together but I´m studing it to implement in my appartement soon. My first contact with floorplan was by watching @DrZzs videos (recommended) on Youtube and I found this interface the way to go for a customized setup. Then I came across this topic with real life examples where some of you had animated 3d renders with lights on/off, animated fans and more, I just cant unsee this and I just have to have this at home, doesnt matter what. Not sure how long I will need to make it real but for sure I will learn a whole bunch.

However I have a concern regarding updates, and I hope you guys can help me out before I full commit to this control UI.

Isnt it possible to have it as an addon for autoupdate?

I´m asking it because If I´m not mistaken floorplan was “broken” with the 0.71, due some changed and required manual update replacing files and so on. Also I honestly think HA does need a major overhaul on the interface and Lovelace for now, looks to be heading to the right direction. I´m concern that once it becomes the default interface or any other change for that matter to the system HA breaks floorplan again and you loose the easy UI you created.

Can anyone confirm that the new version of HA-Floorplan works with Fully Kiosk Browser? I’m afraid to upgrade HA past 0.69.1 for this reason (I have floorplan running on several tablets via FKB).

Hi,
So I’m having an issue with iOS.
I have a bunch of svg black box layers that go from 0.8 to 0.0 opacity when activated.
Like this:
Floorplan%20Demo%202

The problem I am having is with my hallway.
As you may be able to see, my hallway (bottom left) has 2 lights that can be activated. To make it look good, I made a gradient in both black boxes that lead to where they meet; otherwise, theres a hard line between if only one light is on.
It looks great with the gradient in the gif above which was taken on a computer; however, any of those black box layers I have that have gradients do not show up on any iOS devices. So it looks like my lights are always on.
Is this just an iOS limitation? Any ideas of how I could get around this? Thanks.

4 Likes

Ok, I finally bit the bullet and tried setting up floorplan on my installation.

I have 2 floors, at the moment I decided to only try setting up 2 side panels, one for each floor.

The following is from my configuration.yaml:

panel_custom:
  - name: groundfloor
    sidebar_title: Ground floor
    sidebar_icon: mdi:home
    url_path: groundfloor
    config: !include groundfloor.yaml
  - name: upstairs
    sidebar_title: Upstairs
    sidebar_icon: mdi:home
    url_path: upstairs
    config: !include upstairs.yaml

I’m getting the following error when trying to load “upstairs”:
Log Details (ERROR)

https://xxx.xxx.xxx/api/panel_custom/upstairs:36:9 Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier ‘HaPanelFloorplan’ has already been declared

And the SVG doesn’t get loaded. Ground floor does get loaded correctly.

I’ve already seen that HaPanelFloorplan is part of the upstairs.html and groundfloor.html files. I also changed according to @pkozul s post in the floorplan.html which I duplicated to panels/upstairs.html and panels/groundfloor.html the string ha-panel-floorplan to ha-panel-upstairs/ha-panel-groundfloor accordingly.

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Maybe wait for 0.73 and try a lovelace panel that would be a bit more lightweight to start with.

Are there any instructions on setting floorplan up as a Lovelace panel?

1 Like

Not in detail, but check:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I managed to get mine up and running
However im stuck with the .css portion
I get my image displayed without any issue.

My button works and all, but all mouseovers, click + fill on icon does not seem to work.
My buttons are in png format, and are solid blacks
Can anyone help?

##UPDATE, my bad, actually i should be using .svg pics instead of pngs

hey can you by anychance show us how to do that? step by step?