Floorplan for Home Assistant

Maybe i have missed it, but are there any instructions on how to install and then update (i see there are a lot of progress on this daily) :slight_smile: this on your hassbian?
Maybe there are some github commands you run to do this, or do you have to download the files manually and add them to hassbian…

I work daily in Solidworks and now i found Inkscape wich seem to work fine with dwg files from Solidworks…
So it would be a nice addition to add this to my home assistant.

Thanks for all the likes guys! :slight_smile:
@stipex and @beanian I made it in Illustrator! But the only fancy thing I used was the drop shadows under the icons which is probably available in Inkscape.

1 Like

Using the latest version of floor plan also a new floor plan.svg, but I’m still having problems displaying more than several values on my floorplan , all entities are created exactly the same way but only a few are showing up.

1 Like

Thanks for all these updates, @pkozul! I’m excited to create a nicer looking floorplan to use for this now.

Does anyone have an example of changing a light’s color for rgb (hue) lights? I’m thinking that and maybe also something that dims an entire room based on a lux sensor would be pretty neat.

Okay I’ve worked it out, basically the problem is to do with upper and lower cases, when setting up these entities it has to be in lower characters.ie-Not sensor.Garage_Lux but sensor.garage_lux .

1 Like

Hi @pkozul just one small idea to get more people to try it out: the basic setup should allow to use HA groups (rooms) before it asks for user’s svg.

It could be as simple as an html table or even better it comes with a “default” floor plan with bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, garage & backyard.

My point is its not an ideal UX to require users to add data or content which they don’t have, especially something that needs a bit of skill and a software to be created. If we can postpone this required action we can get make it easier for people to use and understand.

1 Like

I like the idea that it’s not generic, and although it takes a little bit to create the floor plan it’s not too difficult for most users on here I think. You can create what suits you, from a few simple shapes to an all out architect floorplan.

1 Like

I have successfully updated to this version and it is displaying smoothly!

1 Like

Well for the life of me I can’t seem to get this to work. I had the original one working. I can get sensors to show the svg file is not showing in my ha ui. Any thoughts or ideas on what to do? I have updated my github with the current files if someone could take a look. I did create a floorplan.yaml package.

Hi Charles.

In configuration.yaml, you have these lines commented out?

#  panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml
#  binary_sensor: !include binary_sensor.yaml

Also, I can’t see the ‘dummy’ binary sensor to represent your floorplan in binary_sensor.yaml:You need something like this:

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: dummy/floorplan/sensor
    name: Floorplan

And also, you the need to copy the files under the www/custom_ui directory. Same structure as per the GitHuib files.

Keep us posted on how you go,.

Hi Ian. In my very first version of the code, I actually did include support for groups. In the config, you could actually supply group names, rather than just individual entity names. I will have a think about adding this back in, and in a broader sense, look at supporting a very minimal config to get people up and running quickly. Good suggestions!!!

1 Like

Yep, for now it’s case sensitive (due to JavaScript, jQuery, etc.), but I may change the code to handle these scenarios.

This project looks awesome - very nice work, @pkozul
I had some floorplans of my home which I have traced out to SVG, updated IDs etc ready to go.
Out of interest, has anyone tried this add on with a Docker install of HA?
I’m trying to work our where to deploy the files from GH… the www folder is good, but not sure regarding the panels folder

2 Likes

I updated my GitHub to add the www folder so you can see the info in there. For some reason, I cant run the panel I believe it has something to do with SSL. The dummy sensor is under the floorplan.YAML package. It does show in the states page in home assistant.Thanks for the info and incite into this.

OK pretty much got it working 1st time with Docker install - super easy.
Everything just goes in the mapped /config volume.
I already had the www dir, so needed to merge the contents + merge the config yamls.

Here it is:

A few things I need to work on.

• Make space for temps with 2 DPs - FIXED
  • Some lights not working - FIXED
  • Currently all three floors are in one svg - ultimately I will split to three
  • Does the SVG center on the floorplan custom panel? I prefer it will be on left so will find how to change it int he html
  • Tweak the CSS to my personal preferences
  • Also I noticed that the line thickness of the 1st floor plan is rendering different than the other two. Not so in inkscape. weird. will need to look into it.
1 Like

Yep, the SVG gets centred, so I guess it’s a matter of playing around with the HTML / CSS to get it as you’d like.

Hi,

I’ve been following since the beginning ,great work :slight_smile:

However I can’t seem to get my Inkscape svg to display, it displays…

When it should look like…

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? I’ve tried saving it as both Inscape svg, optimised svg, and stripped svg but nothing changes :frowning:

Were did you find the directions for installing with Docker?

So I got the floorplan to show as a panel Thanks for the help pkozul for the life of me I cant get the entities to populate in the svg.

I get 2 to show just cant figure out how and why this part works or doesnt.

I use the iOS app and I noticed that the panel does not display the svg properly - styling is not applied to paths.

The lights etc should be styled not black