Flux & limitlessled - not changing color temperature

I have limitless (milight) RGB bulbs and am trying to get Flux to work. I have this in my configuration.yaml

- platform: flux
  lights:
    - light.bedroom_lights
    - light.entry
    - light.floor_lamp
    - light.fridge
    - light.globes
    - light.office_pendant
    - light.stove
  name: Flux
  start_time: '5:30'
  stop_time: '22:00'
  disable_brightness_adjust: True

I then flip the switch in the UI but the lights have been at [255,255,255] white every time I’ve checked their state.

What am I missing to make this work?

1 Like

you have to set:

switch:
    lights:
      - light.bedroom_lights
      - light.entry
      - light.floor_lamp
      - light.fridge
      - light.globes
      - light.office_pendant
      - light.stove
    stop_time: '22:00'
    disable_brightness_adjust: True
    mode: mired

I also noticed that limitless led seems to have it’s mired values reversed, so the daylight color is wrong and vice versa. (lights are bright white at night and soft white during day)

mode (Optional): Select how color temperature is passed to lights. Valid values are xy and mired. Defaults to xy.

Thanks, I did try setting that but I’m still not seeing any color changes. If I call switch.flux_update manually and then go back and check the attributes on the lights they’re still all at 255 white.

I guess this is maybe not worth pursuing if it’s going to run the temperatures in reverse. Has anyone gotten this to work as expected with the limitlessled component? What bulbs do work with the flux component?

I guess I could do this manually with my own automations but seems like a pain.

This seems to work for me: (I reversed the start and stop, they go from full CW in the morning to full WW in the evening, but I don’t know the “correct” inverted scale. I think the component needs fixing.)

lights:
    - light.light1
    - light.light2
    - light.light3
  stop_time: '23:55'
  start_colortemp: 2000
  sunset_colortemp: 5000
  stop_colortemp: 6500
  mode: mired

Using RGBWW milight lamps with a V6 ibox. However when the flux switch is enabled, all manual light adjustment take ages. Is this normal for the platform or is this a milight issue?

It appears the milight bulbs invert the mired values.

1 mired = 1000000/Kelvin

so 500 mireds = 2000 Kelvin

If you set light.turn_on mired=500 a limitless led bulb, it is Daylight colored, not Warm white.

I have the same problem with inverted color temps when using the appdaemon flux component seen here:

@tbrasser I am on a V4 wifi adapter, I wonder if that is why mine is not working.

I noticed the limitlessled platform was fixed to do color temperatures in the correct way. Curious if anyone has gotten flux to successfully work with limitlessled? It appears I would need to upgrade my hub to the v6 one to make this work, just wondering if I should bother ordering one or not.

There are DIY bridge solutions that allow you to make (almost) unlimited groups + some more bonuses, and they emulate a genuine (v6) bridge. At least, that’s what I get from the recent threads on this forum + various other sites. I currently have a NodeMCU underway to try to create one and I’ll make a post about it when it arrives.

I currently own a v6 “ibox” bridge with bridge_led and I have Flux(er) working with these bulbs:

RGBWW 8W E27 bulb
RGBWW 12W Downlight
RGBWW 4W GU16 4W spots

Here’s a link with more info on above: https://github.com/sidoh/esp8266_milight_hub

Edit: (on original v6 bridge) for some reason when I tried to test flux right now by turning them all on bright white (it’s night now here) and then enabling flux, the web ui changes them to about 60% brightness + fully warm white, but the lights themselves stay bright white. It has worked before though!

Thanks for the info, I was just looking at the DIY hub. I have a few esp8266’s laying around I’ll have to try it, would be nice to just have one box with a better antenna as well. I will report back when I get it running.

1 Like

Still inverted for me - HA 0.48.0, bridge v5.

@oakbrad, @mike1237 I’m trying to investigate the inverse temperature problem. It looks like a change made back in HA v0.44 (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/commit/dbd6f7e4ed768b733c14f5dfa1704379807c0b30) made it wrong for me, since reverting the change fixed my issue. At the same time, you seemed to report that the change actually fixed it for you. The only idea that I’ve got is that it depends on the version of the bridge. What’s your bridge version and situation with the current version of HA?

Leon,

Likely you are having this problem because you are using the wrong version of the bridge.

As per limitless led website, rgbww bulbs require v6 bridge.

LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 required for PC/Phone control which will be released in a few months time, works with the RGBWW/CW saturation control remote only for now.
The wifi bridge v5.0 cannot be upgraded to v6.0 through firmware when that comes out.

I am on 0.48 and my limitless led bulbs color temperature works properly now.

- platform: limitlessled
  bridges:
    - host: !secret limitless_ip
      groups:
      - number: 1
        name: Main
        type: rgbww
      - number: 2
        name: Kitchen
      - number: 3
        name: Hall
      - number: 4
        name: Bedroom
      - number: 1
        name: Desk
        type: bridge-led

http://www.limitlessled.com/shop/rgbw-ww-cw-light-bulb/

@mike1237 I’ve never said I have rgbww. I have DualWhite, and, other than in HA, it works perfectly fine for me with v5 bridge. I’m having a problem because v6 inverted the temperature values and the appropriate change in the component introduced for that didn’t have a version check. Unfortunately, the author of the change is not willing to fix it. Hopefully, someone will have a shot at it - I expect it to be very simple for someone with experience in Python. Link to the issue on GH for reference: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/8521.