FP1 Occupancy SW Envelope for disabling false alarms

Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum, so please be delicate with me :slight_smile:

I have a suggestion to solve the issues with the FP1 false alarms, this can be divided into several solutions:

1. Automation which manually solves the issue for each FP1 sensor.
  2. SW envelope as part of the integration/HA which solves the issue.
  3. FW update (Aqara).

So far I’ve noticed that the initial identification of the Aqara FP1 is correct and it can easily identify a real person and not a false alarm like a fan/AC/Moving curtai/etc…
However, if a person was detected, and leaves the room, and one of the mentioned above exist (fan/AC/Moving curtain/etc…), the FP1 will still recognize it as Occupied.
So my understanding that there is some internal post-processing pipe on the radar which starts to recognize any tiny movement as a person and causes it to be stuck in “Occupied” mode.
The sensor has a “reset_no_presence” API, when it is called, the Radar(FP1) starts a new identification process, and identifies only real human as mentioned before.
The solution I suggest is the following:
Creating a virtual sensor which identifies occupancy, once occupancy is detected, the FP1 can be resetted every ~10 seconds (Depending on the identification delay of a person).
All other automation will rely on the new virtual sensor for room occupancy clear.
The same solution can be done by automation inside the HA, or a SW envelope or a FW fix in case Aqara will decide to do it…

FP1 need to recognize the people on the sofa or bed when sleeping, so it has to find the tiny movement; it use the interference region to avoid the unexpected events, but this feature is only supported in the aqara home app.