Frigate Switch PI Cam Detect switch from off to ON alone

Dears,

I have the frigate integration, and in the lovelace I have the switch to activate the detection. If I put the switch off, sometime the switch turns ON without any automation active. If I put the switch off, should it always stay in that situation…

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Odds are it is resetting to on when you restart frigate. Only way to say for sure is to check the logbook for that entity, but when frigate restarts it will default to what your configuration is set to.

Dear Crzynik,

Thanks for your help. But can’t detect wy the switch turns ON. This is my Register:

The red box is when I manually switch OFF, but each day the switch turns ON and I don’t know why… I dont have any automation or node red flux that turns ON the switch, and is a pity because some time the switch turns ON when I’m at home, and I don’t want this…

Thanks,

Please anyone can help me why the switch turns ON alone?. THanks.

Some updates later, the switchs for detect, recordings and snapshots continues working bad. If I change the state from HA, with entities card for example, if I restart the frigate then the switchs changes to the default value configurate in the frigate.yml field. But if I change the switchs from the frigate UI, If I restart Frigate integration, then continues with the value changed in the UI, then in this case working well.

I don’t understand why, because in the frigate.yml, in the detect section, for example say:

# This value can be set via MQTT and will be updated in startup based on retained value

Anyone knows what is going on? It’s very important, because I have integrations that turn ON/OFF the detect switch depending if I’m at home or not, but if the are a frigate restart or HA restart the switch is not working as I expected…

Thanks,

Dears,

Anyone knows how to maintain the switch for detect OFF when Frigate restarts?. I switch off the switch when I’m home, but if during this time, for any reasons, I restart frigate addon, the switch turns ON and then HA starts to send me notifications about me, because the cam detect my presence. I use this switch whan I want to detect or not, but any time that frigate restarts the switch turns on… I’m sure that this is a problem for more people, and I need to solve, please help me!!!

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Following this topic; @josemsubcn did you ever figure this out? I have my HA automation to set to turn off/on detection on some indoor cameras based on Alarmo status. Alarmo keeps tripping because the detect flag gets switched to on.

Dear danlo315,

Not, I continue searching a solution for this issue…

Use MQTT explorer to clear the retained values for detect/set

1 Like

Do you mean to “manually” use the GUI MQTT Explorer add-on to go and clear the retained values for detect/set? If so, this is not an automation.

If that’s not what you mean, can you explain how it is possible to use the control switches in an automation. I ask because I have the same problem. I have a functional automation and sometimes the switches “flip” correctly. At other times, the switches do not appear to respond to the automation at all, even when the trace shows it has been run.

In other words the control switches for the Frigate cameras appear to respond, or not, almost randomly. If I can get a clear test example I will post in a thread.

This only needs to be done once to clear bad data that is causing problems, so your comment makes no sense.

All you have to do is use the switch like any other. If it doesn’t respond then check the logs

1 Like

To “clear bad data”, ok, now I understand what you mean. I’ve not used the MQTT Explorer so I have no context about this. Thank you for explaining. :+1:

Can you share how to delete the retained values?.

Thanks,