Fully Kiosk Browser 2022.9 Integration Unknown Error Occurred

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have updated to 2022.9.2. When trying to use the new Fully Kiosk Browser integration from the UI, I input the IP address and the password I setup for Remote Access to my fully licensed Fully Kiosk Browser running on an Amazon Fire tablet. I can access the Web UI of the kiosk via Chrome/Edge with no issues. But when I try to setup this integration with the same creds, I receive the error in the screenshot below:

image

I’ve tried rebooting my host system with the same results. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I looked in the forums, but didn’t find anything recent that pertains to this new integration, only entries for the HACS version.

Error Log:

Logger: aiohttp.server
Source: components/fully_kiosk/config_flow.py:54
First occurred: 11:14:47 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:15:10 AM

Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 435, in _handle_request
    resp = await request_handler(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/web_app.py", line 504, in _handle
    resp = await handler(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/web_middlewares.py", line 117, in impl
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/security_filter.py", line 60, in security_filter_middleware
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/forwarded.py", line 100, in forwarded_middleware
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/request_context.py", line 28, in request_context_middleware
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/auth.py", line 236, in auth_middleware
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/view.py", line 136, in handle
    result = await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/config/config_entries.py", line 178, in post
    return await super().post(request, flow_id)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/data_validator.py", line 73, in wrapper
    result = await method(view, request, data, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/data_entry_flow.py", line 110, in post
    result = await self._flow_mgr.async_configure(flow_id, data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 280, in async_configure
    result = await self._async_handle_step(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 367, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/fully_kiosk/config_flow.py", line 54, in async_step_user
    data=user_input | {CONF_MAC: format_mac(device_info["Mac"])},
KeyError: 'Mac'

Have you set this right?:

Yes, these are my settings:

Do i need Enable File Management on Remote Admin to be turned on? The integration documentation doesn’t specify what all needs turned on.

UPDATE: I enabled that setting, but still no go on setting up the integration.

File management should not have to be necessary.

I’m afraid, that is all, I can say right now. Here it works fine, but I have no further experience with it, have it up for 2 days now, did not play with it…

I am having the same issue, “Unknown Error Occurred”. I found an old post from the HACS integration stating that the special characters need to be percent-encoded for the API to handle it. So, I removed my special characters from my passwords, but it still does not work. I have three Fully Kiosk Plus licenses. Same error on all three instances.

Yeah, I changed mine to a 4 digit pin with the same results. I’d also like to mention that the HASS update notes state that HASS will auto-detect your FKB instances, but mine are not being detected. So I’m trying to manually add them through the Integration UI.

Since the last updat I lost my connection with Fully Kiosk. Is ther e anyone who have solve this problem?

Try the custom integration. That works for me. image

1 Like

This does not solve the problem for me. I still get the same error, trying to connect.

I’m seeing this as well, double checked all my settings. Keep getting unexpected error.

Replying minutes later as I was able to solve this. The solutions above didn’t work. The integration fields are expecting the IP without the protocol or port.

So format like this:

192.168.xx.xx

And don’t do either of these:

http://192.168.xx.xx
192.168.xx.xx:2323

1 Like

I encountered this error today after moving from the old HACS integration to the new one.

I deleted the old Fully Assistant integration and removed from HACS, then re-added the official one. Boom, error!

Kept happening…

Restart of HA solved it. So, make sure you restart HA before attempting to re-add the integration.