Getting an "updating sensors" notifications from the phone app

Hey,
I keep getting push notifications from the official mobile app (on Android)
saying “Updating Sensors”. it happens every few minutes. Any idea?
I’ve been using the app for months and it started just about a week ago.

2 Likes

Due to changes in the latest version of the app

You can disable the sensors channel notifications in the notifications settings section of your phone.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I was wondering what has changed, I didn’t update Home Assistant or HA OS, didn’t think about the mobile app itself that is updating :sweat_smile:

Do you mean “SensorWorker”?

std behaviour.

I disabled SensorWorker and they seem to have stopped. I had set my Huawei phone to Gentle Notifications so it was quiet but my Honor connected watch kept bleeping at every one of them…like every 10 to 30 seconds while driving, I guess because geo location was changing. Was driving me bonkers!

Disable Sensor worker:

3 Likes

Any information what this notification notifies about? “updating sensors” doesn’t mean anything to me.

Android requires apps to use a foreground service to prevent the OS from killing a background process. Foreground services are shown to the user as a notification. This notification has a low priority and does not make a sound by default. Some devices may deviate from standard behavior and ignore the low priority and still make a sound/vibrate.

More on how android sensors update here https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/core/sensors#how-sensors-update

1 Like