Getting Started With Themes in Home Assistant l Home Assistant On Virtual Machine l VirtualBox

The Tutorial - https://youtu.be/34TkFKlVV3A

I will be showing you the way to setup Themes in Home Assistant

Before we start, I would like to thank JuanMTech for making these 20 themes!!

JuanMTech-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR7Xa7cU9wfkSY9v3yN2Vtw

Let’s Start

For this you will have to activate, the windows feature:

SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

To activate this, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Click Programs.
  4. Click Turn Windows features on or off.
  5. Scroll down to find “SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support”.
  6. Enable it by clicking on the box beside (left) the name of the feature.
  7. Then clik OK and restart the pc…

Now make sure your HassOS is running,

STEPS:

1. Download the Samba Share add-on from the Official add-ons list that is located in the supervisor tab and in
    ‘Add-On Store’. I have already downloaded so I am not installing it again…

2. Now install the add-on and start it up (if you cant then go ahead with the steps…),
    Now click on the configuration tab and add a password of your choice /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    or
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    if you do not want to add a password then don’t leave the space empty, add 2 single quotes " ‘’ " instead of null and save the configuration… at the prompt:
    "
    Samba share
    Do you want to restart the add-on with your changes?
    "
    If the prompt doesnt appear don’t worry save… and go to the info tab and click on start…
    Click on “Restart Add-On”

3. Now Open ‘File Explorer’ and go to Networks… You Will find a folder named HOMEASSISTANT, Open that,
    you will find all the Home Assistant Files there…

4. Download the “Themes File”(End of Description) from the description, And copy it into the HOMEASSISTANT- Config Folder, Now
    open the configuration.yaml file using notepad… And Add :

frontend:
  themes: !include themes.yaml

NOTE!!!
Make sure that there are only 2 spaces from the right end of the page for “themes: !include themes.yaml” and no spaces between “frontend:” and the right end of the page

1. SAVE the file and restart Home Assistant now that we have restarted now open the site

2. And now open your profile … And under themes choose the theme of your choice!!

Voila 20 themes and thanks to JuanMTech!!!

LIKE, SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE!!!

The Themes file-
https://mega.nz/file/6WBUEIIb#yiqaAEfzm1egpo-stZmGtux6rzQB_czlX1x3yFYCj3Y

Contact Me-
My Discord Server- 95EXaD5
My Discord ID- THUGGAMER#4742

A 20 minute video to get themes set up in home assistant? I appreciate your effort, but this is really overkill in my opinion.

And please at least format the two lines of your code correctly (see here) and correct the note below the code (you mixed left and right of page and if you would format your code correctly, this note wouldn’t be needed as one can see it directly how the indentation needs to be.)

1 Like

I appreciate you pointing out my mistake…
and the video wasn’t made long deliberately, I wanted it to be clear for everyone who comes to watch the video…
I wanted to show every step so that the viewers don’t end up with an issue on the topic…
and once again thanks for pointing out.
Now I have also made the suggested changes

Look, I’m generally against Home Assistant Guides on Youtube at this point of time, because the development of Home Assistant is going at such a fast pace, that videos can’t keep up with it.
E.g. In a few weeks configuration for themes could change completely or migrated to UI only or whatever and then people watch your video, it doesn’t work and then they come here on the forum and ask why the instructions from this video they saw somewhere didn’t work and ask us to help them. Most of the time I and other frequent forum members refer these people straight to the official documentation, because that’s what people should be looking at first before asking questions or watching youtube tutorials. Please don’t take this as a personal attack, this is just my opinion on youtube tutorials for Home Assistant in general.

Hi. In order to download the Themes it’s asking for a decryption key. What is the key? Thanks

Thanks for pointing out, I just made the changes it u may take a look at the link once again. :slight_smile:

or here’s the link
https://mega.nz/file/6WBUEIIb#yiqaAEfzm1egpo-stZmGtux6rzQB_czlX1x3yFYCj3Y

No problem. Thank you.