Google Assistant command initiated by HA

My alarm is connected to HA and can operate it by Google Assistant using my Nest Hub’s. When I tell Google Assistant to disarm the alarm the Nest hub opens a pincode screen where I can type my pincode to disarm or I can pronounce the pincode to disarm. Both ways work perfectly.

Now I want initiate the same without asking Google Assistant, but let HA initate it when I open the front door or any other trigger, but the Nest still showing the pincode screen

In other words; Does HA have way to initiate a Google Home/ Assistant command without a human is asking “Hey Google, turn of the alarm system”(or any other command)

This will save me an extra (pincode) device on the wall.

Many thanks in advance

Rien

We use “assistant relay for hassio” for these type of actions.

However it has not been maintained for years and although ours still works I have heard comments from others that you can’t get through the new Oauth2 google requires to link it.

Might be worth a quick look just incase.

I tried your suggestion and a couple of others, but I cannot get it to work. I think it all relates to Oauth2

Anyone else with other tips or solutions?

I know this is old but you can use the standard Google Assistant integration, once configured correctly you’ll be able to expose all your entities configured in HA (or a portion of them) to google. That means you can create custom helpers like trigger/boolean and in Google home setup a routine that runs when that helper is triggered from HA, then add custom actions in the google home app for the routine.

1 Like