Google assistant integration fails

Good evening,

After a successful update my integration with google assistant fails. I tried to integrate it in according to the steps at home-assistant.io

But I get the following error, does anyone has an idea how to solve it?

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 15, column 20: Unable to read file /config/SERVICE_ACCOUNT.JSON.

Thankx a lot,

André

Hi,
I resolved this issue by matching the cases. filename and extension seem to be case-sensitive. So I renamed the file to google_service_account.json and it gets detected with the following in config.yaml:
google_assistant:
project_id: —
service_account: !include /config/google_service_account.json

hope it helps

Ward

5 Likes

I had this issue. It’s because I put the path to the service account file on a new line, it worked once I put it straight after !Include with a space before the path

1 Like

Worked for me, thanks for your help

Thank You!

After a frustrating hour of troubleshooting, I determined my “.json” was lowercase, and needed to be uppercase. Instantly resolved my issue. I then look back to close out tabs, and saw your comment haha.

Just for additional context if anyone needs it:

This seems to be a small issue with the Google Assistant integration docs. Their example has the file extension as .JSON, but google downloads it as .json. Case sensitive.