Google assistant not activated warning

Hi All

I have Nabu Casa for easy google integration and have had for a long time now, recently (last few months) I have noticed the following warning / message:

Screenshot 2021-12-16 160033

Everything works correctly without issue, sometimes this message disappears following syncing etc but recently its pretty much present all the time.

Anyone else seeing this message / warning or anyone know how to fix it.

I have tried to re-enable via the google home app and this cleared the message but not for long.

Hi Rossk, i’m working on the same problem. I will try to follow this steps now. Did you do all this steps? Google Assistant configuration

For me it’s away with the follow steps: Activated the Home Assistant Smart Home skill for Google Assistant.

• If you have a Google Home device, use the Google Home app, select the plus icon in the upper left corner, and then Set up device, and then Works with Google. Then search for Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa and add it.

This can take a while if you see HA on different devices.

When you have enabled you can share the entities also with Google Assistant. (Gives some nice interfaces, like a thermostat)

this works for me for a day or two, but the not activated message always returns. but yes, everything seems to be working fine. it’s just a little irritating.

This seems to be still happening (Current Version: 2022.5.5)

• Tried removing from configuration.yaml, disabled on NabuCasa, removed from Google Assistant – rebooted everything. Drank some coffee.
  • Re-enabled each piece (maybe there is a specific order to enabling?)
  • After a bit…everything works, but :information_source: message …“not activated” still appears on NabuCasa

I have a complicated love hate relationship with both google and HA these days. More coffee.

I have given up trying to fault find this. Tried everything and even raised a ticket a long time ago and had nothing positive.

As it works it’s simply more of an annoyance than anything else.