Google Assistant through local network

Hi, I want to set up the Google Assistant integration for Home Assistant. While browsing through GitHub, I’ve found this repo. It seems that there has been some work done to support the new local fulfillment for the Google Assistant (you can find the docs here). After digging through the Google Assistant SDK documentation, I found out that the Google Assistant only needs to connect to a cloud fulfillment url for the initial setup (the so-called SYNC response).

This is written in the docs:

In the otherDeviceIds field of the SYNC response, you need to set the device IDs of smart home devices that can be locally controlled. The field appears at the device level in the response. Google can establish a local fulfillment path on any device with the given ID.

This means that you can theoretically expose your Home Assistant instance for the initial setup only (for example with ngrok) and then use the local fulfillment only right? I’ve tried this by setting up by following the docs for Google Assistant - Manual setup and then the instructions from the NabuCasa/home-assistant-google-assistant-local-sdk repo (linked above). Unfortunately, this didn’t work. Does anyone know how I would be able to achieve this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Never mind, you’ve found where I wanted to point you to.

Very interested in this too!
It seems there was some work to make this possible, but it has been closed: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/30413

Guys, also interested in local SDK, i use nabu casa… do we need to setup this too?