Google Keep Custom Component and Lovelace card

That’s the problem with unofficial APIs :confused:

i already raise an issue but not sure if this project is still maintained.
i am looking for a better customisation to fit into the default design/layout

@PX80 I have a lot of repos to maintain and this one doesn’t have top priority. This outline is displayed to separate different notes shown in a single card. You should be able to easily hide it using card mod.

Just want to check if anyone else is having issue with Google Keep at the moment? I doubt the upgrade was the problem ( as a restore has the same issue now )

Yup, multiple people have commented on GitHub. Generally speaking this integration has always been a bit unstable since it uses an unofficial API

thx. hope someone will find a workaround.

@PX80 If you hadn’t caught it, this integration is working again!

If you want to remove the white border line on the card, add the below to your card setup. You can also play with the padding of the card content as I have done.

card_mod:
              style: |
                #googleKeepCard .card {
                  padding: 20px 10px 0px 10px;
                } #googleKeepCard .card::before {
                  border: 0px;
                }

Thanks @3_14 for this great card!

1 Like

awesome, many thanks for the card mod example!

Thank you very much for this integration, I love google keep because it relieves part of my brain.

Incidentally, for those struggling at this stage, I was able to display the card by creating and using the application password in google and not the classic password. I say it because I blocked a few hours on it and I ended up finding the info in the discussions, I slammed a few neurons along the way.

Excuse my ignorance because I’m a beginner, I still finally managed to display the sensor and part of the card. I don’t quite understand how to display the notes on the card because I only get the number of notes and the detail remains in the attributes. How do you do?

You have to install a dedicated custom card:

Would there be a way to use a Google Keep note as a trigger, as in use it to trigger a IFTTT Webhook that included the words in the note itself? I’m trying to figure out a way around Google shutting down text ingredients for use with IFTTT.

It should be possible, but it won’t be as fast

1 Like

First of all, thank you so much for this! Works pretty much right out of the box.

I’m trying to add this to a wall control panel, and I’m using Card-mod to control the height of different cards so everything is aligned and nothing flows off the bottom of the screen. I’ve done the same for this, and it works to resize the card but the text itself flows offscreen. Is there a way to get a scroll bar inside the card, or just cut off any extra text?

Secondly, an alpha value of 0 is apparently not supported. 0.1 is almost invisible so that works, but it’s a little wonky. Trying to input 0 has the same effect as 1.

Code:

type: custom:google-keep-card
entity: sensor.google_keep_77f2c4c0ac
theme: dark
alpha: 0.1
show:
  - unchecked
  - checked
card_mod:
    #googleKeepCard .card {
      max-height: 283px !important
    }

google_keep_bug

You can try following config:

type: custom:google-keep-card
entity: sensor.google_keep_77f2c4c0ac
theme: dark
alpha: 0.001
show:
  - unchecked
  - checked
card_mod:
    #googleKeepCard .card {
      max-height: 283px !important;
      overflow: hidden;
    }

Wow, both of those are so obvious in hind sight…thank you again!

I am new to HA. I have it running on a RPI3B I believe I need to install the gkeepapi but I get a command not found when I run pip install gkeepapi. I installed from HACS Thanks for any help.

Why do you think you have to do it? Can you describe your problem?

I don’t find the keep entity. Maybe I am missing something in how to install integrations. I have the card installed as well.

1 Like

Have you configured it in configuration.yaml?

I guess that’s where I get confused. I setup an integration to my hubitat and didn’t have to edit the config.yaml. Can you point me to what I need to do? Thank you