Google mesh WiFi integration keeps being redetected

Noticed several posts/topics on Google mesh wifi but none that answer this specific issue

I have an awkward house and use 5 assorted Google mesh APs (2 of the nest wifi “routers,” 2 of the nest wifi “points” and 1 of the older google wifi APs)

They all seem to play nice together, and while I’m annoyed at the dumbed-down approach, they at least provide robust, decent-speed coverage.

However – every so often, Home Assistant seems to “find” them again and OnHub pops up as a new integration. The old OnHub integration – which I would have added days to weeks before – no longer works.

Any way to keep the integration working without this frequent, seemingly random dropping off and being detected again as a new device? NBD really, just a little frustrating

5 Likes

+1, still looking for an answer to this myself too. Every restart rediscovers onhub. I have a 3 puck google wifi mesh setup. This adds additional duplicate sets of sensors and changes the number at the end … ie: sensor.onhub_b_sent_3 <— this is up to 8 so far since I deleted all the orphaned entities a while back.

Any luck with this?

I see the same behaviour with my Google Wifi system. It’s maddening.

+1
same thing here, quite annoying!

It’s an issue for me - I see over 500 duplicate UPnP entries in my devices list. Any chance this can be looked into?