Google_translate_say just stopped working

Howdy,

The following automation stopped working on April 23rd for me. I am fairly regular about updating to latest version so this happened in an upgrade from 107 to 108 or an upgrade from 108.x to 108.y. The automation has been working forever.

- id: gate_open_announce
  alias: Gate Open Announce
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.gate_state
    to: open
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: tts.google_translate_say
    entity_id: media_player.public_broadcast
    data:

Log message:

2020-04-27 14:19:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_translate.tts] Error 404 on load URL https://translate.google.com/translate_tts?ie=UTF-8&tl=en&q=&tk=721822.899203&total=1&idx=0&client=tw-ob&textlen=0
2020-04-27 14:19:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.tts] Error on init TTS: No TTS from google_translate for ''

The automation works fine except that the message sent to google_translate is blank.

Thanks for your help!

Still a problem with 109.1

did you find a solution. I have the same issue.

Hey! I solved it… but my memory is spotty. It seems to me that some upgrade had changed the device names. It took a while and was a pain. Hope this gives you some clue! Sorry… did not take notes.

Thank you. I found when I moved to another machine, I initially didn’t use the same ip address. Once I changed to original ip address all was working.