Google_Travel_Time no longer works with 0.94

I assume this is due somehow to the changes with device_tracker. Can anyone confirm or explain how I can reconfigure this to get it back working again? Here are my details:

The new device tracker has an “_2” appended to the name as expected and its working fine:

Here is my config that no longer works with HA 0.94:

- platform: google_travel_time
    name: Time_from_home
    api_key: !secret google_api
    origin: device_tracker.831cbb44_2
    destination: zone.home
    scan_interval: 600

With the config above, the time_from_home sensor is never created. Instead I get the following error:

2019-06-09 12:18:37 ERROR (SyncWorker_14)homeassistant.components.google_travel_time.sensor] Unable to find entity device_tracker.831cbb44_2

…which I assume is due to the fact , the device tracker entity hasn’t yet appeared. However once the device tracker entity does appear, the google_travel_time sensor (time_from_home) never appears.

Just to check that the google_travel_time sensor otherwise still works, if I use coordinates instead of device_tracker such as:

- platform: google_travel_time
    name: Time_from_home
    api_key: !secret google_api
    origin: 38.52000045776367,-82.7064815
    destination: zone.home
    scan_interval: 600

Which results in the sensor being created:

Any help will be much appreciated. I have several google_travel_time sensors and of course none of these are working. Perhaps there is some way for the device_tracker entity to retain its state and attributes after a reboot?

1 Like

Likely linked to these open issues.

I made an experimental fix to gpslogger to retain state after restarts

It is only marginally tested and after the first start your devices will probably be in Greenwich or wherever (0, 0) is but if you want to experiment, you can check it here:

PR 24444

1 Like

Copied the gpslogger files which includes your fix into the custom_components folder… Works great! Got all my google_travel_time sensors back. Thank you!