Google travel time

I have moved my config files from Hassbian to to Hass.io now. Most is up and working but Bluetooth tracker is not. But I did see that mention in another post here and a fix for that was expected soon.

The last issue I have is google travel time is not working.
Im at work now so I cant look at the logs, will do that later. But I got SSL connections error to google and error zone.home was not found.

The config was working with no errors on Hassbian.
Some one else have had success using Google travel time on Hass.io? or do docker/hass.Io have known issues connecting to google services?

I don’t see a reason why that not should work. You don’t forget a file? After a restart?

I can confirm that it is not working

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/googlemaps/client.py”, line 229, in _request **final_requests_kwargs)`

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/google_travel_time.py”, line 113, in run_setup destination, options) File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/google_travel_time.py”, line 148, in init self.update()

This is the only two references I see

Look same as Join component SSL error

I certificate bundle is missing.

Fixed with next homeassistant build: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/commit/2dcba36e505b688d36f3de659afd0a6f5a845719

1 Like

Yes, looks familiar

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 438, in send timeout=timeout
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 630, in urlopen raise SSLError(e) requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:645)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/googlemaps/client.py”, line 229, in _request **final_requests_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 531, in get return self.request(‘GET’, url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 518, in request resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 639, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 512, in send raise SSLError(e, request=request) requests.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:645)

Still same issue after latest update.

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 438, in send
timeout=timeout
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 630, in urlopen
raise SSLError(e)
requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:645)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/googlemaps/client.py”, line 229, in _request
**final_requests_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 531, in get
return self.request(‘GET’, url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 518, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 639, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 512, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:645)

Hmm I don’t see what shoud be wrong now. I have install all certificate and update it to last version

Strange. I dont know. Just know my config was working on hassbian. I have tried to just run a standard config to with the same error.

I get the same error, same config that used to work on hassbian

Yeah rasbian work on old python / module Version and hass.io work on python 3.5 and in 1 month also with python 3.6

I can confirm this error

This issue looks to be resolved in 0.47 :slight_smile:

Cool look like our new base image solve it. Thanks for testing.