Govee integration

Thanks for that! Do you know if you can change colour with automations or just on and off??

1 Like

I haven’t tried myself but others may be able to advise

1 Like

Welcome, @larsklint shows it in his video linked in the first post. There is also Red-Node if you need some more control, bit has a higher learning curve if you aren’t used to that kind of programming.

1 Like

I was just fiddling with this tonight and you can definitely send at least brightness and RGB color with the service call using Node Red.

The data format for the call is:

{'rgb_color' : [255, 189, 134], 'brightness' : 255}

(brackets instead of parenthesis).

I was still having problems with the colour picker in my scene jumping back down to 40% brightness so this solves the problem by not using a scene and setting color and brightness in a light.turn_on service call.

GREAT WORK on this integration!

1 Like

Anyone know if there is a similar integration for Govee thermometers? My HA system does not have BLE, but I do have the hub.

1 Like

This? Govee BLE Thermometer/Hygrometer sensor
Just a search away, I cannot say anything about it, I’m not using it.

@LaggAt - unfortunately that does not work for my situation, since I don’t have BLE on the HA system. Even if I did, my HA system is in basement and thermometers are far away from it.

Ideally would want to use the same method (Bluetooth Thermometer --> Govee Hub (wifi attached) --> HA) that you have set up for LEDs.

1 Like

Well, not exactly how it is working here … Govee provides us with an API somewhere in the internet, we send our commands there.

Hi
New to HA with HomeAssistantOS on Raspberry PI 4 8 gb, I’ve copied the custom components folder into the correct folder and after hours it finally appeared in the intergrations. But now it wont load, just says “Please wait while the integration is being installed” and its been at it for over 20 min.

1 Like

Somewhat isn’t right here… you could try to start over and install hacs first, than the components repository inside hacs. See first post.

Well, not exactly how it is working here … Govee provides us with an API somewhere in the internet, we send our commands there.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarification. Though, I think the premise for what I need is still similar:
(1) Bluetooth Thermometer ↔ (2) Govee Hub ↔ (3) Govee API ↔ (4) HA

My understanding is Part (3) and (4) is already executed with LEDs via this integration, yes? So, either way looking for something that does similar for thermometers

1 Like

Is there an public known API for these thermometers?

@LaggAt, not that I have been able to find :frowning:

1 Like

So as I, just the BLE integration already mentioned.
I personally use some cheap Xiaomi sensors using Zigbee/MQTT, but that’s a different story.

So if the existing integration mentioned doesn’t help we’re out of luck here.

Any possibility of adding the ble intergration also into this plugin?
I have a the Immersion light strip model H6199 and there is no way with the API to change the Mode from color which is what the api allows back to Video which allows the strip to change based on what it playing on the tv.
I asked Govee if they had any plans to add this to the api and they said no :frowning:

1 Like

Yea I know.

Possibilities are endless :slight_smile: Resources aren’t.
As a general rule i promise nothing which isn’t done.

But I could publish some progress.

I fiddled with the dev environment and got the dev container running on my Pi4. This is for fiddling with BLE. Up to now, I am not successful calling ‘hcitool lescan’ from that virtual environment, but as it is working from the live setup I am fairly sure i can figure that out. When this works, I’ll publish that in a branch on github, maybe some coders can offer some help here.

Once this is running I’ll try to use the knowledge of others, e.g. GitHub - egold555/Govee-Reverse-Engineering: A central place to document reverse engineering Govee Products., and see if basic BLE functionality is possible. Then some time to implement features is needed.

This isn’t a short journey, and I don’t know the path will lead us somewhere. Just some insights on what I want to progress on.

Again: no promises, just trying. Any help is appreciated, even some help on hardware costs and coffee fuel :smiley:

I did a little bit of work on the H6199. https://github.com/Obi2000/Govee-H6199-Reverse-Engineering. Some of the commands are slightly different than other Govee BLE information I found online.

If it helps you, for reference, here is copy of the GoveeAPI program I modified to work with the H6199. https://github.com/Obi2000/GoveeAPI. It’s working for me to change colors and modes, including video.

1 Like

Thats a huge step … thankts for posting here.
I havn’t seen information on music mode and scenes, great work.

I’m still fiddling on the dev container, just building with --network-mode=host, which sounds logically right. It just takes a looooong time on the RPi if you are used to an high end dev machine otherwise :slight_smile:

Heh. Well it’s a fork of a fork. Just standing on other people’s shoulders. Most of that information is from BeauJBurroughs. I just updated it to be H6199 relevant.

1 Like

That’s it, think I’ll package that dev container on docker hub, to save time rebuilding it …
Progress: BLE Scan works inside the dev container: