Group Person question

I have setup HA with home zone, work zones, school and so on!
Then i have grouped all person in a group, this way i can check against the group if there are persons home.

the group behavior is that if any person is home the group state is home, if all persons are not home the the state is not_home, but what will the group state be if all persons are in a different zone, example person 1 is work and person two is work.

what iam asking is if there are other possible states of the group then home and not_home? is it possible the group can be work or school?

Use the Developer Tools States page to set people in different zones, then observe the behaviour of your group.all_persons

Hi @prilly,

An easy way to check it by yourself is to use the /developer-tools/state.
It’s clear and simple !

Edit : I’m a few seconds late :disappointed:

it seems the state of the group can only be home and not_home, this is good news. as i am setting the state of the house by cheking the group state. if i select from “home” in automation it will be ambigius state when reload groups resulting in the event firing. setting the automation criteria to “not_home” resolves the ambigius state, but if the group can enter different states then home/not_home this will not work