HA capabilities and little help

Hi,

I just start play with IoT stuff.

I want to build a system that allow me to control the temperature in a smart way, not like nest my in my way tailored on my needs.

I have an house that have different level of temperature, 2 floor and different usage.

final target will be control each room but up to now i’ll be happy to be able to set what is the room that drive the heating system.

So I setup a Raspi with MQTT broker and home assistant and I can collect each measurement.

I still working on the automation part cause using the example I’m not able to raise a notification but this is another history.

The question is: is HA capable of read from the portal a slider and use it for comparison/automation?

I try to elaborate a little:
I set dinning room as main controllor.
If the wanted temperature is more than the read one do something.

Who can I input the data? In both case: set the wanted temperature and set witch one is the driver.

I’m new so please be gentle :slight_smile:

You are collecting the temperatures and then want to control the temperature but not using a thermostat, right?

If so, checkout the Heat control platform and have a look at the input_select component.

tnx, yes i take a look to the temperature component and i managed to do something really close on what i need.

looking to the source code i also was able to add a default value at start (before was undefined)

so 2 new question:

1. SERVICE_SET_AWAY_MODE = “set_away_mode”
    is something that i can use in the heater module? how?

2. there is a way to say to this component that i want to read from a specific sensor if i have more than one in an interactive way? For example: i want read sensor.study as defaul but in case of bath of the kids i would like to be able to set sensor.bath and let’s the bath temperature drive my heater.

then another info:

why;

[code]automation:
alias: messaggio when sun sets
trigger:
platform: sun
event: sunset
offset: “-01:00:00”
action:
service: notify.pushbullet
data:

trigger:
platform: mqtt
topic: heater/switch1/set
# Optional
payload: ‘OFF’
action:
data:

trigger:
platform: mqtt
topic: heater/switch1/set
# Optional
payload: ‘ON’
action:
data:

only the last trigger is working? all trigger are working but only the last one do the action. i’m doing something wrong but i don’t understand what :frowning:

tnx again for support :slight_smile:

I’m in love with this dashboard :slight_smile:

forget the automation part was missing the - alias on top of each rules :slight_smile: