HA on docker for windows has no IP Address

Followed the directions for getting setup in docker on windows 10 and the container does not have an ip address nor does it expose a port. This makes sense because you are telling us to use the --net=host and therefore the container should be using the hosts ip and ports.

docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=America/Los_Angeles" -v /config:/config --net=host homeassistant/home-assistant:stable

localhost:8123/ - doesn’t work
127.0.0.1:8123/ - doesn’t work
192.168.88.219:8123/ - doesn’t work (my machine’s ip)

If I run the container with a standard bridge network then the UI loads but the application will not discover any devices since its on a private network.

docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=America/Los_Angeles" -v /config:/config homeassistant/home-assistant:stable

How do I tell HA via the configuration what network it should be using to discover devices when running in a bridged network?

Have installed the proxy rules?

No, not possible. The directions I linked to are incorrect. (i suspect this is a windows only issue and this works differently on nix systems)

The container does have an IP to proxy to. By using -net=host the container uses the hosts IP there is nothing to proxy to.

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=192.168.88.219 listenport=8123 connectaddress=??????????? connectport=8123
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=0.0.0.0 listenport=8123 connectaddress=??????????? connectport=8123

Yes after I pressed reply I realized it is a chicken/egg situation isn’t it.

Yes it works on a proper operating system.