HA on my wall

Hello, I’m using HA and I’m more than happy i decided to mount my old Nexus 10 on my wall and using as “main assistant” works as intended, however I would like to know what “side effects” could this bring, more use of battery for some devices? and the most important question, what do you for dimming the screen? or it’s always on even at night ? I’m using in my living room, but I would like to know more tips if someone already did this. Thanks a lot

I am remote controlling the fully kiosk browser to switch the screen off if the house is in SLEEP or AWAY mode. Also, the fully remote control reduces and restores brightness triggered by a motion sensor next to the tablet.

1 Like

awesome thanks, saldy i can’t find the motion sensor in the last version :frowning:

I found the motion sensor in Fully Kiosk to be too touchy and got triggered by changing light levels all the time. What you can do is use an automation in HA to send commands to Fully Kiosk to switch the screen on/off based on anther motion sensor nearby (provided that you have one). I haven’t implemented it yet but it’s on the to-do list.

I’m not using the built-in motion sensor capability of fully. I understand this is implemented using the front camera of the tablet (if there is any).

The tablet screen is triggered by a ZigBee motion sensor via fhem (which I use in parallel), but I’m sure it can be done via automation or node-red.