HACS - "Failed to set up" + "Not loaded in lovelace" after update to 2023.6.0

SOLVED! SSH into /config/custom_components/ and rm -rf hacs, restart HA, reinstall HACS. All fixed.

HACS 1.28.3, right after updating to the current HA version I noticed HACS was red in the integrations list. All my previously installed cards and integrations were still working fine, so I ignored it. Then I went to add something new, and that card is not available in lovelace. Coincidentally, that new card shows as loaded in the HACS tab, despite being the only one to not work.

As far as I know, there is no reference to HACS in my configuration.yml.

I tried removing HACS from the integration page, restarting HA, and reinstalling.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 11.10.48 AM

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 11.09.18 AM

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 11.10.21 AM

Note the mushroom card for the ceiling fan is working fine, but the neerslag card that I added today through the HACS UI doesn’t exist. The mushroom card is one of the 11 Lovelace elements “not loaded”.

Update: I can update all my out of date frontend cards or click into them in the Frontend tab and redownload them manually. This has cleared all my “Not loaded” errors. I cannot seem to update HACS or any of the integrations. I get “Unknown error” when I click into them through the Integrations page.

Log on boot:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/hacs/init.py:171
Integration: HACS (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:36:42 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:36:42 AM

Error setting up entry for hacs

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 387, in async_setup result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/config/custom_components/hacs/init.py”, line 220, in async_setup_entry setup_result = await async_initialize_integration(hass=hass, config_entry=config_entry) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/config/custom_components/hacs/init.py”, line 206, in async_initialize_integration await async_try_startup() File “/config/custom_components/hacs/init.py”, line 193, in async_try_startup startup_result = await async_startup() ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/config/custom_components/hacs/init.py”, line 171, in async_startup hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ AttributeError: ‘ConfigEntries’ object has no attribute ‘async_setup_platforms’

And log on clicking into any integration in HACS:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py:173
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:15:00 AM (18 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:35:17 AM

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py”, line 26, in _handle_async_response await func(hass, connection, msg) File “/config/custom_components/hacs/websocket/repository.py”, line 40, in hacs_repository_info await repository.update_repository(ignore_issues=True, force=True) File “/config/custom_components/hacs/utils/decorator.py”, line 28, in wrapper result = await function(*args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py”, line 126, in update_repository if manifest := await self.async_get_integration_manifest(): ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py”, line 173, in async_get_integration_manifest raise HacsException(f"No {RepositoryFile.MAINIFEST_JSON} file found ‘{manifest_path}’") custom_components.hacs.exceptions.HacsException: No RepositoryFile.MAINIFEST_JSON file found ‘custom_components/hacs/RepositoryFile.MAINIFEST_JSON’

SSH into /config/custom_components/ and “rm -rf hacs” solved my issues.

1 Like

I am viewing /config/custom_components/ in Studio Code Server. Can I do what you did from there and in that case how?

I’m not certain it’s worth the effort, unless you can change the settings to allow you to delete a non-empty directory. Deleting each file manually would take too long.

Is it the Hacs folder that I should remove?

Yes, /config/custom_components/hacs/. The other directories in custom_components can stay and will continue working.

Thanks - I deleted and reinstalled with SHS. Worked.

I am having the same issue having updated to 2023.6.3. I’ve rolled back to a working system (2023.6.2) for now and I’ll check the fix a bit later.