[Resolved] Harmony Hub issues after February 2019 update v.4.15.250

Just received the update, but these steps didn’t work for me. I’m getting lots of errors and cannot connect to the hub… XMPP is enabled (didn’t have to reenable it)

I had performed the steps and went to sleep thinking it would work after my Home Assistant Restart. However, like you, I noticed it didn’t work. I have updated the post accordingly, hopefully someone else can chime in if they got it to work. I have also submitted a comment to the Harmony Community post to see if they can provide guidance. Thanks.

Wait for 88.0 , it fixed the websockets… Xmpp isn’t used anymore, so enabling in harmony app is not needed

1 Like

@ pergola.fabio Do you know when 88.0 is supposed to be released? Is there any workaround I can do meanwhile to get harmony hub to work with my setup? Thank you.

normally today
but as a workaround, just grab the old harmony.py file from an older HA release, then load it as a custom component, then you are using xmpp , the old good days :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information. Sorry I’m somewhat new, how do I load it as a custom component? Just move it to the custom component folder? Do I need to add anything to my configuration file to include the file? Thanks.

look in this thread :

So, either roll you install back to 0.84.3 in HASS OR roll your Harmony back to 4.15.206, so they either both use websockets or both use XMPP.

What I did was to download the 0.84.3 zip file https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/archive/0.84.3.zip and copy the “harmony.py” file from 0.84.3 to my /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/remote/ directory (and restart HASS) so I’m still on 0.84.6 but running the harmony component from 0.84.3.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. So once 88.0 rolls out, i can remove this file and the new websocket should automatically find my hubs? any config changes required besides having Discovery enabled?

well, ill stay with the xmpp, file, the websocket will work with 88.0 , but it still has issues, like unavaible state after a while …what i heard from developer than i future versions, eventuall HA will use XMPP again … websockets was only a temp solution, a quickfix

so untill XMPP isnt activated in HA, i stick with the custom component , working much better

Thanks a lot for your help, i am up and running again with the custom component and plan on using it until the websocket is stable.

Np have a nice day

@pergola.fabio - I’m running HA 0.87 in Docker. I’v downloaded 0.84.3 zip and located the file harmony.py, but I cannot find any path in docker that matches /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/remote/
So I have no idea where to put the harmony.py file.
Can you help?

have you a config folder? then place it here

config\custom_components\remote

the custom_comp… is a folder you need to create in your config dir

@pergola.fabio - that did help a lot, but not completely. HA now no longer complains about not finding the Harmony HUB, so I guess it finally found it. But none of the Harmony commands in my Lovelace i/f works (They all used to work just fine).
Any ideas?
Here my log entries:

2019-02-20 18:20:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for remote.harmony which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

2019-02-20 18:21:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Error while setting up platform harmony
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 128, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/remote/harmony.py”, line 96, in setup_platform
name, address, port, activity, harmony_conf_file, delay_secs)
File “/config/custom_components/remote/harmony.py”, line 135, in init
import pyharmony
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pyharmony’

Hmm, no idea it works for me…
Maybe it’s because the developer changed already pyarmony, and not compatible anymore with the older harmony.py component… So I think you need to wait for the websockets version fix, probably released tonight

88 is released :wink:

from rls notes:

This approach is working for me. Initially, only one of two hubs was identified, but after some time, they have both returned to Home Assistant.

Not yet on Docker. Only 0.87.1

Which firmware version do you have in the Harmony HUB?