Harmony Hub: Send command in scene?

I’m still getting used to the yaml syntax and the home assistant APIs.

But basically, I have remote controlled string lights, and I have programmed my Harmony Hub to control them, so I can turn them on and off and set the brightness. And I can get it to happen by sending a command through home assistant.

My next task is that I am setting it up so that the Home Assistant (on Pi3) takes over my scenes for me, rather than the echo dot. So what I want to do is send a command, such as “Light5” for half-brightness, when I turn on the scene.

But from what I can tell, I’m not sure I can actually call a service inside a scene. Is this possible, or should I switch to using scripts instead of scenes?

I usually set a scene and then call it in an automation, but a script is better for this I think.

I have an automation that runs when I activate the Harmony hub, then I transition to another version of that scene that is dimmed, like this:

# Set lighting for theater experience after it gets dim in the living room
- alias: 'Theater Lights'
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: remote.living_room
  condition:
    condition: sun
    after: sunset
    after_offset: "-00:45:00"
  action:
    - service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.sunset
    - delay: 00:02:00
    - service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.sunset_dimmed

But that was before I really knew HA well enough. It works, so I never changed it but it if I wanted to manaully trigger it, I would probably do it as a script now.