Add-on: Home Assistant Google Drive Backup

HI Just did a reboot of my HA fro other things and have noticed the binary sensors no longer exist ??
Any ideas ?

Stopped and restarted Add-on and all good again now

This is truly a great addon! How do I add to pane for easy access?

You can put a link in the side-panel like any other webpage, eg

panel_iframe:
  backup:
    title: 'Snapshots'
    icon: mdi:cloud-upload
    url: 'http://hassio.local:1627'

Note that you might need to change the url: depending on if you use https, how you access home assistant, etc. For reference, here’s the panel_iframe documentation.

1 Like

I think you found another bug. The add-on doesn’t get restarted when Home Assistant is restarted and it only updates its sensors when it checks for new snapshots (about once an hour unless you create a new one), so after restarting Home Assistant it might take an hour for the sensors to get updated. I’ll make a fix.

Another possible bug for you. For some reason it automatically ran all snapshots on the 31.
ie 4 on hassio 8 on google drive as per the config but all on the 31st within minutes of each other
{
“max_snapshots_in_hassio”: 4,
“max_snapshots_in_google_drive”: 8,
“days_between_snapshots”: 3,
“use_ssl”: false
}
What actually happened

Yup, I’d seen that on my instance as well.
I just published a new version v0.52 with a slew of fixes and features (see the changelog) which should resolve it. Let me know if things still aren’t working right after an update.

I was waiting for an addon like this for a while now, thanks! I was wondering if in a future release could be possible to add a setting to create a partial snapshot. My problem is that I have my NAS mounted in the shares folder and I can’t back it up, so I normally exclude the shares folder while doing a partial snapshot.

Hi and thanks for sharing this addon!

Is it possible to call it from nodered ?

Fantastic thanks

Hi,

After installing the addon the following error pops up at the config section:

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'max_snapshots_in_hassio': 4, 'max_snapshots_in_google_drive': 4, 'days_between_snapshots': 3, 'use_ssl': False}

Config has not changed after installing.

{
  "max_snapshots_in_hassio": 4,
  "max_snapshots_in_google_drive": 4,
  "days_between_snapshots": 3,
  "use_ssl": false
}

Running ubuntu on a NUC with docker and hassio.

I get the same error on install. Won’t start. Running 0.91.0b4 on Ubuntu, in a virtualbox.

After updating I get this error in Hass.io logs:
19-04-02 12:41:54 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.addons.addon] Add-on cebe7a76_hassio_google_drive_backup have wrong options: Missing option generational_backup in root. Got {'max_snapshots_in_hassio': 4, 'max_snapshots_in_google_drive': 30, 'days_between_snapshots': 7.0, 'use_ssl': False}

I have an idea what this means :cool:, but what do I need to add to configuration? The add-on doesn’ts tart any more.

+1 on the configuration issue. Fresh install. Trying to resolve an old issue in my config by using this.
Copying your options.json from your dev folder in the repository gets the error to go away.

Got it, it’s your generational_backup array is now a required object in the config. you can tack "generational_backup": { } at the end of the config and it shuts up, at least.

It’s a little confusing because you appear to have marked it as optional in your config.py

Any ideas?

I checked in a bad config last night, as Apocrathia pointed out adding an empty “generational_backup”: { } gets around it.
If you reinstall the add-on you should also see the error go away, since I just removed the offending config from GitHub. It might also be necessary to click the refresh icon on the add-on store page, I can’t make heads or tails of how Hass.io caches the add-on configurations it gets from GitHub.

Does this backup stored data for Hass.io addons … for example all the flows within NodeRED ?

This will create a snapshot just as if you created a full snapshot manually from Home Assistant. I can’t speak to how the other add-on is configured, but a full snapshot includes the add-on configuration as well so I’d say yes.

Great add-on!

Thanks for your efforts. This is running well on my rpi3 system as far as I can see.

Thanks ! Working great again!

1 Like