Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

Welcome to the club @tacomannen! :wink:
Until the package is available through Synocommunity, you can search this thread for Dropbox link. Use one that is dated 12/2019.
I know few ppl that have new 920+ and they used that link to download and install hass.io spk.
It should work

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:
I will give the dropbox link a try.

You can check comments here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBYUbj0B5Q) - latest comment 6 days ago - same issue and link is there (if you can’t find it here).

Hi All !

I see that USB device is a huge topic here but I can’t find any hint related to my issue.
I want to use my RFlink USB with Home Assistant but I’m struggling to find the correct path to the device.
lsusb return:

|__usb1          1d6b:0002:0404 09  2.00  480MBit/s 0mA 1IF  (Linux 4.4.59+ xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller 0000:00:15.0) hub
  |__1-1         1a86:7523:0254 ff  1.10   12MBit/s 96mA 1IF  ( ffffffd8ffffffb9ffffffd0ffffffa2)
  |__1-4         f400:f400:0100 00  2.00  480MBit/s 200mA 1IF  (Synology DiskStation 6500826B09CA6004)
|__usb2          1d6b:0003:0404 09  3.00 5000MBit/s 0mA 1IF  (Linux 4.4.59+ xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller 0000:00:15.0) hub

Device 1a86:7523:0254 is found but I can’t see any entry in /dev like “ttyUSB” or “serial” which should be set in the configuration.yaml.
I’ve seen it should be someting like /dev/serial/by-id/usb-id01234

The synology is a DS218+ and the RFlink has worked perfeclty out of the box with Domoticz but on anoter Synology.

Someone can advise me ?

Thanks !

Hello

One month ago I have installed and used this package without any problem.
Today I had to uninstall it fo other reasons andI want to reinstall it now.
The installation seems to work well.
but the homeassistant docker does not start with this message in the docker log
Start container homeassistant failed: {"message":"Bind mount failed: '/volume1/Hass/hass.io/tmp/homeassistant_pulse' does not exists"}

In fact the folder /tmp/is empty. If I try to create the requested folder I get another message with another uncreated folder.
It’s not the good way to solve this issue.

I’m running DS718+ last upgrade DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2.
Docker 18.09.0-05013

Any idea how to solve this issue?

BTW do you have a good tuto to install home assistant in a Synology virtual machine ?
Thanks for the help

Do you have Audio station installed on your NAS?
Also, have a look at this:

And also this:

Hello BeardedConti.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I do not use Audio Station.

I manage to solve the issue by deleting all the docker images that have been downloaded by HA and start from scratch.
I’m back and running.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

I am following the note on dealing with entrypoint.js issue. It used to work, but now after the package is started again, the volume mapping for the docker socket /var/run/docker.sock is gone and the supervisor container goes into bootloop.

Any ideas?

I have updated Supervisor to version 232 this afternoon. Now I’m getting some serious errors in the System log…

20-08-13 16:43:36 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Docker version 18.09.8 is not supported by Supervisor!
20-08-13 16:43:36 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker storage driver btrfs is not supported!
20-08-13 16:43:36 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker logging driver db is not supported!
20-08-13 16:43:36 INFO (MainThread) [__main__] Setup Supervisor
20-08-13 16:43:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus.systemd] No systemd support on the host. Host control has been disabled.
20-08-13 16:43:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus.hostname] No hostname support on the host. Hostname functions have been disabled.
20-08-13 16:43:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus.rauc] Host has no rauc support. OTA updates have been disabled.
20-08-13 16:43:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus.nmi_dns] No DnsManager support on the host. Local DNS functions have been disabled.

…and in Configuration > Logs

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio.handler
Source: components/hassio/handler.py:189
Integration: Hass.io ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+hassio%22))
First occurred: 6:44:09 PM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:44:10 PM

Client error on /supervisor/ping request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
* Client error on /homeassistant/options request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
* Client error on /supervisor/options request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
* Client error on /info request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
* Client error on /ingress/panels request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]

Any ideas how to resolve this? How do I downgrade Supervisor?
I run the native package from this post on a Synology.

Thanks in advance!

First log, you can ignore. Didn’t check every line there, but that’s normal and you probably had that before too but didn’t notice.
In regard to second part - error from HA logs - did you try stopping hass.io package in Package center and restarting it after it stops.
You can also try to stop package then by hand stop any running Docker container from hass.io (for ex. hassio_audio, _cli, _dns,…) and after all is stoped, just restart it in package center.
I’m running two machines with latest 232 version on Synology and they are working ok.

1 Like

Thanks for helping! However, I don’t feel comfortable about these. I don’t seem to have had these before. I have tried your suggestions, but the errors persist.

I would like to downgrade Supervisor, until there is a Docker update for Synology (as the current Docker version apparently is not supported by the latest Supervisor anymore).

@Maverick - this error (Docker version is not supported) has existed forever (more or less), since Synology is using older and custom versions of Docker.

Here is screenshot from one of my systems that’s running perfectly:

Also, please read previous posts, as this kind of error has been encountered before and stated that it’s normal. (check posts #721, #722 and #770)

Of course, you are free to downgrade supervisor.

2 Likes

Thanks @BeardedConti , that’s good to know.

For the sake of knowing how, just in case, would you know how to go about downgrading Supervisor? I have no idea how to do this on the Synology package. I have looked for this on the forums, but can’t find a way.

Well (first sorry for a late reply) - unfortunately, I’m not aware on how you can do it. At least easily and not break anything.
I’ve checked around the community forum a bit and most people did it by hand using some tool like Portainer or command line to pull previous image. But please not that this can break things.
Same as downgrading to previous full release of HA - if there was a change to database, some internal configurations etc, you would not be able to boot into HA (for ex. there was database upgrade 1-2 releases ago, also a few releases back there was a change to internal/external URL handling etc).

1 Like

Thanks, that is also a fair warning. I will leave it for now, as it seems to be running just fine. I have contacted Synology support quoting the error messages which are appearing in the logs, but they seem to have no plans for upgrading Synology Docker to 19.x.

Regarding Docker 19, unfortunately, there is no announced plan to upgrade that at the moment. We apologize for your inconvenience. I have passed this message to our developers and product management group, and they will have a discussion. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

If you need to suggest more features, you could also submit the following form to let the PM team know your ideas:

Feature Inquiry | Synology Inc.

Hopefully HA will remain stable on Docker 18.x. If not, than I hope more folks on Synology will report this as a feature request.

1 Like

Have same errors since 235 sypevisor, also have this errors, but all is working

20-08-18 16:32:50 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Detected unsupported OS: None
20-08-18 16:32:50 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Hostname DBUS is not connected
20-08-18 16:32:50 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] NetworkManager DNS DBUS is not connected
20-08-18 16:32:50 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Systemd DBUS is not connected

I haven’t seen this error in my setups for now. I have 234 supervisor running.
And as mentioned previously and also in post #2 here, some errors are normal during startup.

Asked russian synology support, theyer answer - update planned, no time info by now

2 Likes

Hi,

Last week I’m trying to replace Homey bij Hass.io. First testing on a VM on my laptop: like it very much. Now trying to build it up completely on a DS916+ (DSM 6.2.3-25426 update 2). But instead of creating automations it’s mostly problem solving with the install :-(. Read most of the posts in this topic but I still has a supervisor problem.

I used the network solution in post #2. Supervisor was working. Installed ‘files’ and ‘DeCONZ’ add-on. I couldn’t get my Conbee2 to work so switched to ZHA. After setting up some integrations I want to look at the supervisor but got the entrypoint.js problem. Stopped the package and cleared the supervisor container. Still no supervisor. Can the DeCONZ add-on be a problem? Couldn’t start it before.

Since then the supervisor container it is in a bootloop so deleted everything. Installed Audio Station. Turned off firewall. Reinstalled. Applied network patch. Supervisor was working again in the fresh install.
Stopped the supervisor- and homeassistant docker. Replaced the fresh hass.io folder created by the install with the folder from my previous install. Supervisor again is in a bootloop again.

I can start from scratch. But not without knowing what caused the problem I can end up with the same problem again. Also looked at the solution from post #829 but I don’t have a snapshot and without the supervisor: is there an other way to backup/restore my old install?

Is there a logfile where I can see why it’s in a bootloop?

I’ve got the supervisor back. Uninstalled Hass.io and removed the remaining dockers. Installed Hass.io again, applied the network patch. I only had Files and DenCONZ add-ons installed and didn’t install on the fresh copy. Shutdown Homeassistantdocker.
Now replaced the hass.io\homeassistant folder from the fresh copy with the one with my working install and all works as expected.

1 Like