Hass.io stops responding to outside connections but still has access to the internet

Hi, I’m using Hass.io for some time, but in the last 3 or 4 months I’m having a strange issue: every 1 or 2 weeks I lose access to it. PING doesn’t reply, and no port is listening: HTTPS, MQTT, SSH, Samba and Maria… nothing… BUT Home Assistant is still running and can access the internet! I know this because I have a few sensors on the PI’s GPIO ports and the online weather sensor from YR.no and I can see their history data during the blackout later. If I power the RPi off and back on everything works again as if nothing happened.

Unplugging/plugging the ethernet cable during the blackout doesn’t solve the problem.

Only a restart solves the problem. The problem is that the logs are lost after the restart and I don’t know what happened…

The most common suggestions I’ve found in the forum are SD card and power supply. I’ll buy another (good) SD card, but I doubt that’s the problem. Why would it only affect inbound connections? The power supply is also OK. I’ve had some UnderVoltage warnings in the past with no consequences to HA and took care of them. Currently there are no more UV’s.

Is looks like Docker stops exposing the ports. Is that possible? How can I make logs for the host system that can survive a restart?

HA: 0.79.0
HassOS: 1.7
Addons installed: Duck DNS, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, SSH server, Samba share, TasmoAdmin

try updating hassos

1 Like

Of course! That’s the obvious solution! Thanks! Let’s see how it goes from here.

Hass.io should also warn you about HassOS updates…