Hassbian-scripts Duckdns script and Cron

Ok this is my second crack at this after using Hassbian for awhile. I have been able to run the Hassbian-script duckdns to setup the DNS and get keys and access my install externally with encryption. The certificates expire though and I have to renew them manually. After a lot of reading it appears that there should be a cron job that should run the dehydrated script everyday and if the certificate is within 30 days of expiration renew it.

I cannot see this cron job under the User: homeassistant or User: pi
sudo -u homeassistant -H -s
crontab -e
shows only one entry:

*/5 * * * * /home/homeassistant/duckdns/duck.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

I think this entry only updates the DNS with your external IP and I’m missing the entry to run the dehydrated script?

Things I have done to remedy this:
Removal of Duckdns with the script

sudo hassbian-config remove duckdns

this returned with a message for the proper usage of hassbian-config and uninstalled nothing. So I went looking around and found nothing about this? After awhile playing around I found that I was on an old version of the Hassbian scripts. I thought that that they updated when you updated home assistant (I’m on Home Assistant 0.84.6) but I guess not.

Then finally found a way to update the scripts with:

sudo hassbian-config upgrade hassbian-script
Did I miss this command on the gitpage for the Hassbian scripts

Anyways after updating to the latest hassbian scripts the removal of Duckdns went fine with
the previous command. I then deleted all the related folders, duckdns and letsencrypt. I then reinstalled using the script entered my domain and token received my keys and it says the cron jobs are made?

Can anybody who knows these scripts help me. I cant figure out what Im doing wrong so that the certs/keys dont renew automatically. These scripts are awesome and I think they kind of exist for people like me but Im struggling here. I suppose I would use the component but pretty sure it doesnt work the way it does in hassos with the letsencrypt integration