HassIO / HA mDNS

Hi,

so I have Hass.IO installed on a Debian VM running on ProxMox.
All is good except I am experiencing some wifi disconnection on devices (router is synology RT2600AC + MR2200AC in mesh configuration).

After a long ping pong with synology support it looks like my network is flooded by mDNS packets by Hass.IO and my Fingbox.
Nos I can understand why Fingbox plays with mDNS packets (and eventually I can turn it off) but I was also wondering if there is a way to reduce Hass.IO playing with them or if it is strongly relying on it.

In terms of Hass.IO plug-ins I have:

• mosquitto
  • esphome
  • mariaDB
  • ssh & web terminal
  • ADB
  • influxDB
  • happy bubbles

if it may help to know this.

Hope someone can answer!

Take a look into disabling the discovery component if you are using it.

ah cool!

thanks for pointing it out!
I will try

Hi,

So discovery turned off but I still see mDNS packets.
I turned off ESPHome as well (at the end no point to have It on all the time and I think it uses mDNS to find devices) but I am looking to remove even more.

Netatmo component had also its own discovery: I guess it also make use of mDNS packets?

Is there anything else i should do?

The Netatmo integration does not use mDNS as it talkes to Netatmos cloud API.

Did you ever resolve this?
I am having a similar issue with huge (>6Mbps) amounts of mDNS traffic from HassOs 4.14.

Hi Dan,

Yes but not sure how: I moved to “ping” obline check status in ESPHOME and I turn on ESPHOME only if needed (so most of the time off)

Removed default_config and enables minimum components needed removing all the “automatic discovery features”