HASSIO install on VM in EXSi - No Bluetooth

Hi, I have Hassio installed on a VM in ESXi 6.7, and have been running this for about 1 year with no issues, but now trying to add a USB Bluetooth dongle, which I cant seem to do.
I am currently on ‘HassOS 2.11’ production.

On an Ubuntu Server VM, adding the USB Bluetooth dongle to it and running ‘lsusb’ I get:

kevin@HA:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0e0f:0003 VMware, Inc. Virtual Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

In Hassio, having the same USB Bluetooth dongle attached and running ‘lsusb’ I get:

hassio > login
# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0e0f:0003
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
#

As you can see the USB Bluetooth dongle is not available there.
How can I get Hassio to see it so I can add some bluetooth integration?

With ESXi, I think it will require the hardware to support vtd?

Yes, its does, as given working example of another VM (with linux) on same hardware with same USB dongle added, all working fine and can be seen working. But Hassio does not seem to have the drivers installed?

I had the same problem with another USB device… I needed to passthrough the whole USB controller, then it worked

I dont have the resource to do that plus, as said, I can see the USB Bluetooth dongle on another VM (with linux) on same hardware with same USB dongle added, all working fine and can be seen working. It must be driver issue in Hassio.

Yes, that’s also a possibility… Not all drivers are available in HassOs

So, is there no way around this, running Hassio on a VM and use Bluetooth.
I dont want to run a separate Raspberry PI ‘just’ for Home Assistant, everything I run is virtual, the Bluetooth dongle is p[resented to the VM as if its local.
How can I use it?

Run an Ubuntu VM with Docker, and install hassio using the script. HassOS appears to be the problem here, not hassio.

What server do you have? With my conbee zitbee stick… when I used front port, it was detected, but could use also… Then used USB port on back side, and it worked instant

OK, I have ended up going whith that suggestion, Ubuntu, Docker, Hassio install via curl.
I can see the Bluetooth in Ubuntu using ‘lsusb’, BUT…
AS per this currently open ticket, it looks like Bluetooth Tracker is a bit broken in the current Hassio versions, https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/26495
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.